Re: Under Attack

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by AqD, Oct 22, 2008.

  1. AqD

    AqD Guest

    On Oct 20, 1:49 pm, Linux Pimps <> wrote:
    > Atlas Shrugged wrote:
    > > Help!! No matter how many times I run anti-virus softward, Spybot,
    > > Spyblaster my computer is being attached by trojans trying to get entry.
    > > IE7 constantly opens up random advertisement pages when I click on links
    > > suchs as Google or other webpages. What can I do? I get messages telling
    > > me I have a virus and to download Antivirus 2009, which I know is not a good
    > > program but there is no way to avoid it because there is no way to close the
    > > window. Sometimes IE stops for a few seconds and I can't scroll, and then
    > > acts OK. But it is very slow.

    > > I have WinXPSP2.

    > I guess XP has been malware whored again as you run with full admin
    > rights on the Internet. I don't see too many of these kinds of posts in
    > the Vista NG(s).

    I have been doing it for years and have no problem. Only 2 trojans in
    last 2 years, amazing huh? :)

    The last time I used non-admin account (to check warez), it
    infiltrated my system through printer spooler service. The trojan was
    only half-installed and it is kind broken. But still fucked up anyway.
    AqD, Oct 22, 2008