Re: Under Attack

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Aardvark, Oct 19, 2008.

  1. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 11:48:16 -0400, Atlas Shrugged wrote:

    > Help!! No matter how many times I run anti-virus softward, Spybot,
    > Spyblaster my computer is being attached by trojans trying to get entry.
    > IE7 constantly opens up random advertisement pages when I click on links
    > suchs as Google or other webpages. What can I do? I get messages
    > telling me I have a virus and to download Antivirus 2009, which I know
    > is not a good program but there is no way to avoid it because there is
    > no way to close the window. Sometimes IE stops for a few seconds and I
    > can't scroll, and then acts OK. But it is very slow.
    >
    > I have WinXPSP2.
    >
    > Paul

    < SNIP stuff that is un-needed in this NG>

    Post your log to <http://www.hijackthis.de/en>

    Google for the red 'x' ones and remove the entries using HJT again.

    --
    Liverpool. European City Of Culture 2008
    http://www.liverpool08.com

    Aardvark, Oct 19, 2008

  2. Aardvark

    Guest

    Aardvark <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 11:48:16 -0400, Atlas Shrugged wrote:
    >
    >> Help!! No matter how many times I run anti-virus softward, Spybot,
    >> Spyblaster my computer is being attached by trojans trying to get entry.
    >> IE7 constantly opens up random advertisement pages when I click on links
    >> suchs as Google or other webpages. What can I do? I get messages
    >> telling me I have a virus and to download Antivirus 2009, which I know
    >> is not a good program but there is no way to avoid it because there is
    >> no way to close the window. Sometimes IE stops for a few seconds and I
    >> can't scroll, and then acts OK. But it is very slow.
    >>
    >> I have WinXPSP2.

    >< SNIP stuff that is un-needed in this NG>
    >
    >Post your log to <http://www.hijackthis.de/en>
    >
    >Google for the red 'x' ones and remove the entries using HJT again.

    I ran his log at http://www.hijackthis.de/en
    it crashed it :).,Three times, maybe something wrong site wise.
    --

    http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3193/2950153602_f7d3710853_o.jpg

    , Oct 19, 2008

  3. Aardvark

    Aardvark Guest

    On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 11:19:47 -0700, Pennywise wrote:

    > Aardvark <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Sun, 19 Oct 2008 11:48:16 -0400, Atlas Shrugged wrote:
    >>
    >>> Help!! No matter how many times I run anti-virus softward, Spybot,
    >>> Spyblaster my computer is being attached by trojans trying to get
    >>> entry. IE7 constantly opens up random advertisement pages when I click
    >>> on links suchs as Google or other webpages. What can I do? I get
    >>> messages telling me I have a virus and to download Antivirus 2009,
    >>> which I know is not a good program but there is no way to avoid it
    >>> because there is no way to close the window. Sometimes IE stops for a
    >>> few seconds and I can't scroll, and then acts OK. But it is very
    >>> slow.
    >>>
    >>> I have WinXPSP2.

    >>< SNIP stuff that is un-needed in this NG>
    >>
    >>Post your log to <http://www.hijackthis.de/en>
    >>
    >>Google for the red 'x' ones and remove the entries using HJT again.

    > I ran his log at http://www.hijackthis.de/en it crashed it :).,Three
    > times, maybe something wrong site wise.

    LOL. I broke it too :)

    Aardvark, Oct 19, 2008