Re: Unable to open weblinks in Outlook Express emails

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by dadiOH, Mar 4, 2005.

  1. dadiOH

    dadiOH Guest

    Ian McQueen wrote:
    > Does anyone have ideas as to how I can enable this?
    > I have Norton Antivirus/ antispam and Macafee Firewall
    > Also. can't connect direct to various programme's help site
    > (have to copy URL address and go direct to my browser (Internet
    > Explorer)
    >
    > Many thanks
    > Ian

    Open Windows Explorer.
    Go to Tools | Folder Options | File Types.
    Scroll down to
    URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol
    URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy

    Click Edit or Advanced, depending on your Windows version.
    Select 'open'.
    Click Edit.

    "Application used to perform this action" should read:

    "C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\iexplore.exe" -nohome
    (Check the path to iexplore.exe to make sure that is correct and use the
    double quotes.)

    DDE should be checked and in the boxes below it you should have:

    #1:
    "%1",,-1,0,,,,
    IExplore
    #3 (blank)

    WWW_OpenURL

    URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy should be the same.

    Sometimes it is necessary to uncheck Use DDE.

    --
    dadiOH

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    dadiOH, Mar 4, 2005