Re: Unable to install cisco vpn client 5.0

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by geoar75@gmail.com, Oct 7, 2009.

  1. Guest

    Hi,

    I would definitely try to remove sonicwall before installing Cisco VPN
    client.

    Giorgos

    --

    NetPros community

    http://netpros.freeforums.org

    On Oct 7, 4:30 pm, "Mikey" <> wrote:
    > I have 2 separate laptops that I have been trying to install cicso vpn
    > client 5.0 on. Both exhibit the same problem: the install keeps timing out
    > trying to install the network adapter. It runs, and then gives a message
    > that it is taking too long and wants to know if I want it to cancel or
    > continue. I keep trying the continue for over an hour and it never installs.
    > I finally have to cancel the installation.
    >
    > I saw an earlier posting that mentioned sonicwall vpn and it prompted me to
    > think that having sonicwall vpn client installed might be causing a
    > conflict. I have sonicwall installed on both machines.
    >
    > Does anyone know if there is a conflict between cisco and sonicwall vpn
    > clients?
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Mike

    , Oct 7, 2009

  2. Guest

    On Oct 7, 7:47 pm, "Mikey" <> wrote:
    > <> wrote in message

    > Hi,
    >
    > I would definitely try to remove sonicwall before installing Cisco VPN
    > client.
    >
    > Giorgos
    >
    > --
    >
    > NetPros community
    >
    > http://netpros.freeforums.org
    >
    > On Oct 7, 4:30 pm, "Mikey" <> wrote:
    >

    > > I have 2 separate laptops that I have been trying to install cicso vpn
    > > client 5.0 on. Both exhibit the same problem: the install keeps timing out
    > > trying to install the network adapter. It runs, and then gives a message
    > > that it is taking too long and wants to know if I want it to cancel or
    > > continue. I keep trying the continue for over an hour and it never
    > > installs.
    > > I finally have to cancel the installation.

    > > I saw an earlier posting that mentioned sonicwall vpn and it prompted me
    > > think that having sonicwall vpn client installed might be causing a
    > > conflict. I have sonicwall installed on both machines.

    > > Does anyone know if there is a conflict between cisco and sonicwall vpn
    > > clients?

    > > Thank you,

    > > Mike

    > That did the trick. I un-installed the Sonicwall and the Cisco installed
    > just like it should. I am going to try it on the other computer and see if
    > it works there as well. That one had an older version of the cisco vpn that
    > I had trouble uninstalling. I hope this works on that one.
    >
    > Mike- Hide quoted text -

    Hope it'll work as well.

    Good luck!