Re: UK - running a braodband extension CAT5,5e,6

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Disbelief, Nov 8, 2010.

  1. Disbelief

    Disbelief Guest

    Information wrote:
    > Ok , in the dining room is BT broadband router
    >
    > Id like to have a "faceplate" in same room , and use a
    > patch network cable that leads from back of router to faceplate
    >
    > The faceplate has network cable that goes to loft
    >
    > In loft the cable goes to junction box , the junction box
    >
    > splits to send cable to
    > livingroon
    > two bedrooms
    > garage
    >
    > and essentially a faceplate is there ready for cables
    > to computers etc
    >
    > what i dont understand i the differences in cable and which is
    > is compatible with broadband etc
    >
    > and why is some talkingablut twisted pairs etc ... im lost
    >
    > please explain for me !

    Information,

    You make get a better resonse if you pop over to the dedicated BT newsgroups
    and ask you question there - the Rev Robert Jones is very clued up on this I
    believe.

    bt.broadband.support

    bt.internet.users.broadband.technical

    Disbelief, Nov 8, 2010

  2. Disbelief

    Disbelief Guest

    Disbelief wrote:
    > Information wrote:
    >> Ok , in the dining room is BT broadband router
    >>
    >> Id like to have a "faceplate" in same room , and use a
    >> patch network cable that leads from back of router to faceplate
    >>
    >> The faceplate has network cable that goes to loft
    >>
    >> In loft the cable goes to junction box , the junction box
    >>
    >> splits to send cable to
    >> livingroon
    >> two bedrooms
    >> garage
    >>
    >> and essentially a faceplate is there ready for cables
    >> to computers etc
    >>
    >> what i dont understand i the differences in cable and which is
    >> is compatible with broadband etc
    >>
    >> and why is some talkingablut twisted pairs etc ... im lost
    >>
    >> please explain for me !

    > Information,
    >
    > You make get a better resonse if you pop over to the dedicated BT
    > newsgroups and ask you question there - the Rev Robert Jones is very
    > clued up on this I believe.
    >
    > bt.broadband.support
    >
    > bt.internet.users.broadband.technical

    Apologies, an error correction: