Re: UK pic sizes

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Martin Brown, Nov 4, 2012.

  1. Martin Brown

    Martin Brown Guest

    On 04/11/2012 19:28, Dudley Hanks wrote:
    > Just wondering if 8" x 10" or 11" x 14" are normal pic sizes in UK, ie. can
    > frames of those sizes be easily purchased off the shelf there?

    Almost nothing that isn't metric these days.

    Although for a price you can have any size you like. In practice they
    are close enough. 10x8 is 250x200 give or take. 11x14 is oddball.

    Jessops is mainstream highstreet photo over here and their stock sizes
    are a guide. I tried and failed to find you an online UK framer.

    http://photo.jessops.com/photo-printing/prints.html

    --
    Regards,
    Martin Brown
    Martin Brown, Nov 4, 2012

  2. Martin Brown

    Martin Brown Guest

    On 05/11/2012 22:22, Dudley Hanks wrote:
    > "Martin Brown" <|||newspam|||@nezumi.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> On 04/11/2012 19:28, Dudley Hanks wrote:
    >>> Just wondering if 8" x 10" or 11" x 14" are normal pic sizes in UK, ie.
    >>> can
    >>> frames of those sizes be easily purchased off the shelf there?

    >> Almost nothing that isn't metric these days.
    >>
    >> Although for a price you can have any size you like. In practice they are
    >> close enough. 10x8 is 250x200 give or take. 11x14 is oddball.
    >>
    >> Jessops is mainstream highstreet photo over here and their stock sizes are
    >> a guide. I tried and failed to find you an online UK framer.
    >>
    >> http://photo.jessops.com/photo-printing/prints.html

    > Thanks, Martin, I appreciate the info.
    >
    > My wife and I checked on-line and got varying info. Some sites made it
    > sound like nothing but metric is available while others listed just about
    > every size imaginable. But, without knowing much about UK venders, it's
    > difficult to judge reliability of info provided.

    Anything is available for a price.
    10x8 aka 200x250mm is pretty common +/- 4mm here or there.

    This lot do any size:
    http://www.imageframes.co.uk/picture-frames

    Larger sizes now tend to be metric like 400x600mm.

    --
    Regards,
    Martin Brown
    Martin Brown, Nov 6, 2012