Re: UK DSL provider experience, AVM Fritz!Box Fon?

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Tim, Aug 18, 2008.

  1. Tim

    Tim Guest

    B. Wright wrote:

    > Who provides the best DSL? Best not meaning cheapest, but
    > something reasonable (without a contract hopefully), reliable, and high
    > enough bandwidth to use VoIP without problems?

    Most providers are fairly much the same, except the really cheapy ones.

    We recommend Zen and aaisp to customers.

    Lots of enta resellers out there as well, which people seem to have good
    success with.

    > Is it pretty much a given that even the DSL re-sellers require a
    > fixed BT line for service? Does BT offer any inbound only services that
    > are discounted enough to justify them? From the looks of things they
    > discontinued most or only allow them for low income people.

    Look at aaisp. They have a bundled option for phoneline and ADSL.
    Costs around the same of BT in time, but much cheaper in personal time
    issues because of only dealing with one supplier for both bits.

    Tim

    Tim, Aug 18, 2008