Re: Ubuntu 9.04 Dumbfoundationalism Experiences

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bambleweeny57, Apr 26, 2009.

  1. Fox in the COLA Hen House wrote:

    > If you're not getting paid, then you're a bigger fool than I thought you
    > were.

    As opposed to MS users who have to pay for the privilege of being taken
    for fools.... maybe.

    BW

    --
    Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
    Bambleweeny57, Apr 26, 2009

  2. Fox in the COLA Hen House wrote:

    > No one is hung-up on some shit like this 27/7*365 if there is not
    > something on the plate. If 7 is not being paid, then 7 is fucked-up.

    Money is not the only motivation people subscribe to, in fact may would
    say money is the basest of motives.

    BW

    --
    Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
    Bambleweeny57, Apr 26, 2009

  3. Fox in the COLA Hen House wrote:
    > Bambleweeny57 wrote:
    >> Fox in the COLA Hen House wrote:
    >>
    >>> No one is hung-up on some shit like this 27/7*365 if there is not
    >>> something on the plate. If 7 is not being paid, then 7 is fucked-up.

    >> Money is not the only motivation people subscribe to, in fact may
    >> would say money is the basest of motives.
    >>
    >> BW
    >>

    > I don't agree with you so there you go.

    Throughout recorded history people have given every from the price of a
    drink to the ultimate price of their lives in the pursuit if a higher
    purpose whilst others have sacrificed everything in the pursuit of gold.

    Pursuit of gold, for its own sake, has never been regarded particularly
    highly.

    BW

    --
    Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
    Bambleweeny57, Apr 26, 2009
  4. Bambleweeny57

    Hadron Guest

    Bambleweeny57 <> writes:

    > Fox in the COLA Hen House wrote:
    >> Bambleweeny57 wrote:

    >>> Money is not the only motivation people subscribe to, in fact may
    >>> would say money is the basest of motives.
    >>>
    >>> BW
    >>>

    >> I don't agree with you so there you go.

    > Throughout recorded history people have given every from the price of a
    > drink to the ultimate price of their lives in the pursuit if a higher
    > purpose whilst others have sacrificed everything in the pursuit of gold.
    >
    > Pursuit of gold, for its own sake, has never been regarded particularly
    > highly.
    >
    > BW

    What are you talking about?

    Pursuit of "Gold"?

    So you mean earning a reasonable salary of a good days labour?

    Do you have a job?

    Do you, otherwise and more likely, have a beard and perhaps live in your
    Mom's basement and shuffle to the shops with her once a week to pick
    your favorite Pizzas and Colas?

    --
    In view of all the deadly computer viruses that have been spreading
    lately, Weekend Update would like to remind you: when you link up to
    Hadron, Apr 26, 2009
  5. Hadron wrote:
    > Bambleweeny57 <> writes:
    >
    >> Fox in the COLA Hen House wrote:

    >>> I don't agree with you so there you go.

    >> Throughout recorded history people have given every from the price of a
    >> drink to the ultimate price of their lives in the pursuit if a higher
    >> purpose whilst others have sacrificed everything in the pursuit of gold.
    >>
    >> Pursuit of gold, for its own sake, has never been regarded particularly
    >> highly.
    >>
    >> BW

    > What are you talking about?
    >
    > Pursuit of "Gold"?

    Fox was having a go at 7, suggesting he was "fucked-up" if he wasn't
    getting paid for his postings. I was merely pointing out that money is
    not now, nor ever has been, the sole motivation for peoples actions.

    > So you mean earning a reasonable salary of a good days labour?

    There are those who are happy to take their reward in currencies other
    than money.

    > Do you have a job?

    Yes thanks.

    > Do you, otherwise and more likely, have a beard and perhaps live in your
    > Mom's basement and shuffle to the shops with her once a week to pick
    > your favorite Pizzas and Colas?

    Take your stupid, puerile stereotypes.. liberally grease and shove 'em.

    BW

    --
    Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
    Bambleweeny57, Apr 26, 2009
  6. Bambleweeny57

    Hadron Guest

    Bambleweeny57 <> writes:

    > Hadron wrote:
    >> Bambleweeny57 <> writes:

    >>> Throughout recorded history people have given every from the price of a
    >>> drink to the ultimate price of their lives in the pursuit if a higher
    >>> purpose whilst others have sacrificed everything in the pursuit of gold.
    >>>
    >>> Pursuit of gold, for its own sake, has never been regarded particularly
    >>> highly.
    >>>
    >>> BW

    >> What are you talking about?
    >>
    >> Pursuit of "Gold"?

    > Fox was having a go at 7, suggesting he was "fucked-up" if he wasn't
    > getting paid for his postings. I was merely pointing out that money is
    > not now, nor ever has been, the sole motivation for peoples actions.
    >
    >> So you mean earning a reasonable salary of a good days labour?

    > There are those who are happy to take their reward in currencies other
    > than money.

    How do you pay for your electricity then? Do you offer the electric
    company a slice of your pizza?

    >> Do you have a job?

    > Yes thanks.
    >

    >> Do you, otherwise and more likely, have a beard and perhaps live in your
    >> Mom's basement and shuffle to the shops with her once a week to pick
    >> your favorite Pizzas and Colas?
    >>

    > Take your stupid, puerile stereotypes.. liberally grease and shove 'em.
    >
    > BW

    So I was right? OK. Another bitter, violent, rude "advocate".

    Hadron, Apr 26, 2009