Re: U.S. Health care, examined from an insider

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by PeeCee, Aug 3, 2009.

  1. PeeCee

    PeeCee Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > This is not meant to be a partisan post, politically speaking. But Wendell
    > Potter tells it like it is, speaking from the position of an industry
    > insider. It's revealing:
    >
    > http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/07312009/watch.html

    Thanks for the link, very illuminating.

    Makes one wonder how far the American Health Industry is from implosion.

    Paul.
    PeeCee, Aug 3, 2009

  2. PeeCee

    NotMe Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    : PeeCee wrote:
    : > "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    : > news:...
    : >> This is not meant to be a partisan post, politically speaking. But
    : >> Wendell Potter tells it like it is, speaking from the position of an
    : >> industry insider. It's revealing:
    : >>
    : >> http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/07312009/watch.html
    : >
    : >
    : >
    : > Thanks for the link, very illuminating.
    : >
    : > Makes one wonder how far the American Health Industry is from
    implosion.
    :
    : I'm more frightened that the health care reforms won't pass, once again.
    : I think we have to actually walk over to these insurance giants and hand
    : them their heads.

    Likely will pass but in what form and format? Between the insurance
    industry, the legislators on the take and the mindless apologist for that
    would sell their oldest son to hammer Obama I expect we'll get a reiteration
    of the Medicare Part D 'hand the farm to industry' screw up.
    NotMe, Aug 3, 2009

  3. Rôgêr <> pinched out a steaming pile
    of<>:

    >PeeCee wrote:
    >> "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    >>> This is not meant to be a partisan post, politically speaking. But
    >>> Wendell Potter tells it like it is, speaking from the position of

    an
    >>> industry insider. It's revealing:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.pbs.org/moyers/journal/07312009/watch.html

    >> Thanks for the link, very illuminating.
    >>
    >> Makes one wonder how far the American Health Industry is from

    implosion.

    >I'm more frightened that the health care reforms won't pass, once

    again.
    >I think we have to actually walk over to these insurance giants and

    hand
    >them their heads.

    Democracy wont end with a bang but with a whimper...

    §ñühw¤£f, Aug 3, 2009
  4. In message <>, "DemoDisk" wrote:

    > "§ñühw¤£f" <> wrote in message
    > > Rôgêr <> pinched out a steaming pile
    > > of<>:

    > > an

    > > implosion.
    > > >
    > > >I'm more frightened that the health care reforms won't pass, once

    > > again.
    > > >I think we have to actually walk over to these insurance giants and

    > > hand
    > > >them their heads.
    > > >

    > > Democracy wont end with a bang but with a whimper...

    > I suspect it already has, but with all the noise, no one noticed.
    >
    > Corporations are the new aristocracy. They've thoroughly corrupted
    > Washington and the statehouses. They buy off/co-opt both parties, but
    > when Republicans are in the majority, they *really* go to town. The
    > Democrats are at least willing to talk reform.

    The United States of WallMart...home of the falling liberties.

    ^_^

    --
    Proof of Americas 3rd world status:
    http://www.ramusa.org/