Re: Typical tech?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Malcolm, Jun 18, 2007.

  1. Malcolm

    Malcolm Guest

    On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 13:08:22 +1200
    "~misfit~" <> wrote:

    > Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:
    > > Fred Dagg <> wrote:
    > >
    > > > On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 13:36:42 +1200, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    > > > <_zealand> exclaimed:

    > > > Meanwhile, back in the real world...

    > > ...where the sheep run the world's most insecure OS and then wonder
    > > why things go wrong...

    > Hehee! Careful Jamie, you're stepping close to the "Linux Zealot"
    > line there. Hate to have to add you to my killfile too. ;-)

    If you come to the darkside young luke, all your sheep will be
    shaun.... ;-)

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLED 10.0 x86_64 Kernel 2.6.16.46-0.12-smp

    Malcolm, Jun 18, 2007

  2. On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 20:28:55 -0500, Malcolm
    <> wrote in

    > On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 13:08:22 +1200
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:

    >>> ...where the sheep run the world's most insecure OS and then wonder
    >>> why things go wrong...

    >> Hehee! Careful Jamie, you're stepping close to the "Linux Zealot"
    >> line there. Hate to have to add you to my killfile too. ;-)

    > If you come to the darkside young luke, all your sheep will be
    > shaun.... ;-)

    But maybe the wee lamb doesn't _want_ ewe to fleece him.

    --
    Nicolaas.

    2007 Pricelessware CD now available. 600Mb of the best of the best in
    Freeware. E-Mail me for details.

    .... Why are haemorrhoids called "haemorrhoids" instead of "arseteroids"?

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Jun 18, 2007

  3. Malcolm

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Malcolm wrote:
    > On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 13:08:22 +1200
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote:
    >
    > > Jamie Kahn Genet wrote:

    > > > ...where the sheep run the world's most insecure OS and then
    > > > wonder why things go wrong...

    > > Hehee! Careful Jamie, you're stepping close to the "Linux Zealot"
    > > line there. Hate to have to add you to my killfile too. ;-)

    > If you come to the darkside young luke, all your sheep will be
    > shaun.... ;-)

    LOL!! Hey Malcolm, haven't 'seen' you for a while.

    Hope you're well.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jun 18, 2007
  4. Malcolm

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    > On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 20:28:55 -0500, Malcolm
    > <> wrote in
    >
    > > On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 13:08:22 +1200

    > > > Hehee! Careful Jamie, you're stepping close to the "Linux Zealot"
    > > > line there. Hate to have to add you to my killfile too. ;-)

    > > If you come to the darkside young luke, all your sheep will be
    > > shaun.... ;-)

    > But maybe the wee lamb doesn't _want_ ewe to fleece him.

    Feeling a bit rambunctious there Nicolaas? <g>
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jun 18, 2007
  5. Malcolm

    Malcolm Guest

    On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 00:59:14 +1200
    "~misfit~" <> wrote:

    <snip>

    > > > Hehee! Careful Jamie, you're stepping close to the "Linux Zealot"
    > > > line there. Hate to have to add you to my killfile too. ;-)

    > > If you come to the darkside young luke, all your sheep will be
    > > shaun.... ;-)

    > LOL!! Hey Malcolm, haven't 'seen' you for a while.
    >
    > Hope you're well.

    Hi Shaun
    Doing good, enjoying 30 Degree days and playing around on an Sun
    Ultra10 I picked up on ebay, also brought a 440MHz cpu last week for it,
    hopefully that will turn up this week. We had a bigger air con unit
    fitted a few weeks ago, keeps this machine cooler now with it's 5
    drives, the two raptors run about 28C average and the three 250GB around
    38C. CPU doesnt get above 36C on full load with the water cooling :)

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    SLED 10.0 x86_64 Kernel 2.6.16.46-0.12-smp
    up 1 day 17:37, 2 users, load average: 0.07, 0.07, 0.08

    Malcolm, Jun 18, 2007
  6. On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 01:01:11 +1200, ~misfit~ <>
    wrote in <news:>:

    > Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >> On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 20:28:55 -0500, Malcolm
    >> <> wrote in

    >>> If you come to the darkside young luke, all your sheep will be
    >>> shaun.... ;-)

    >> But maybe the wee lamb doesn't _want_ ewe to fleece him.

    > Feeling a bit rambunctious there Nicolaas? <g>

    Probably better that than ramPUNctious. What a dag!
    Baa-h!

    --
    Nicolaas.

    2007 Pricelessware CD now available. 600Mb of the best of the best in
    Freeware. E-Mail me for details.

    .... It is preferable to be "over the hill" than under it.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Jun 18, 2007
  7. Malcolm

    Shane Guest

    Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

    > On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 01:01:11 +1200, ~misfit~ <>
    > wrote in <news:>:
    >
    >> Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:
    >>> On Sun, 17 Jun 2007 20:28:55 -0500, Malcolm
    >>> <> wrote in

    >>> But maybe the wee lamb doesn't _want_ ewe to fleece him.

    >> Feeling a bit rambunctious there Nicolaas? <g>

    > Probably better that than ramPUNctious. What a dag!
    > Baa-h!

    If this line of puns goes too far you lads are going to be left feeling very
    sheepish

    --
    Q: What is the difference between a mathematician and a philosopher?
    A: The mathematician only needs paper, pencil, and a trash bin for his

    Shane, Jun 18, 2007
  8. On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 08:00:20 +1200, Shane <-a-geek.net>
    wrote in <news:f56o58$s7o$>:

    >>> Feeling a bit rambunctious there Nicolaas? <g>

    >> Probably better that than ramPUNctious. What a dag!
    >> Baa-h!
    >>

    > If this line of puns goes too far you lads are going to be left feeling very
    > sheepish

    This WETHER you need all the WOOLLY JUMPERs you can get. Otherwise you
    just have to keep the FLOCK out of it.

    --
    Nicolaas.

    2007 Pricelessware CD now available. 600Mb of the best of the best in
    Freeware. E-Mail me for details.

    .... Lamb's grandmother: BAA-nana.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Jun 18, 2007
  9. Malcolm

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

    > > > Probably better that than ramPUNctious. What a dag!
    > > > Baa-h!
    > > >

    > > If this line of puns goes too far you lads are going to be left
    > > feeling very sheepish

    > This WETHER you need all the WOOLLY JUMPERs you can get. Otherwise
    > you just have to keep the FLOCK out of it.

    Typical Nicolaas, where there's limelight, he has to hogget. You mutton do
    that Nicolaas!
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jun 19, 2007
  10. On Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:13:23 +1200, ~misfit~ <>
    wrote in <news:46773b3e$>:

    > Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

    >>> If this line of puns goes too far you lads are going to be left
    >>> feeling very sheepish

    >> This WETHER you need all the WOOLLY JUMPERs you can get. Otherwise
    >> you just have to keep the FLOCK out of it.

    > Typical Nicolaas, where there's limelight, he has to hogget. You mutton do
    > that Nicolaas!

    Yes, that's just like you, mutton-chops - never happy unless you're
    bleating about something. Baa! Baa! Baa! Bah!

    --
    Nicolaas.
    (I think we've just about run this one dry)

    2007 Pricelessware CD now available. 600Mb of the best of the best in
    Freeware. E-Mail me for details.

    .... The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the
    right time, but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at a tempting moment.

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Jun 19, 2007