Re: Tyan motherboard needs BIOS chip...

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Vogan, Jul 10, 2003.

  1. Vogan

    Vogan Guest

    "BP" <> wrote in message
    > Hiya,
    >
    > I've got a Tyan Thunderbolt S1837, dual PII motherboard with no BIOS rom
    > chip.
    >
    > I'd love to get it working, but how?
    >
    > Thanks for any help.
    >
    > BP

    This is a bit complicated but should work

    Find out what kind of ROM chip was there, buy a blank one and then get
    someone with access to a programmer to program it with the correct BIOS
    downloaded from the internet.

    Cheers
    Vaughan

    Vogan, Jul 10, 2003