Re: Two Towers Defective on PS2!!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by RoadBoy, Sep 4, 2003.

  1. RoadBoy

    RoadBoy Guest

    Isao <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > Has anyone had the Two Towers DVD freeze up on them on chapter 51 I
    > believe? It is right after Sam gives his speech towards the end of the
    > film and happens just as Gandalf and company look down upon the
    > plains. It only does it on my PS2, not on my DVD player or my PC DVD
    > player. Does PS2 have these kind of problems??
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Samwise

    Someone riddle me this one. I have tried TWO different discs in my
    DVD player with no success. On track 51, it will skip ahead ten
    seconds when Gandalf starts to say "...swift", or it will move back to
    track 50. The first DVD I tried skipped on track 51 in both my DVD
    player and PS2. The second DVD will play perfectly in the damnable
    PS2 but not my DVD player. I know the PS2 is a crap DVD player, that
    is why I bought a real DVD player. So what the Hell?
    RoadBoy, Sep 4, 2003

  2. >Someone riddle me this one. I have tried TWO different discs in my
    >DVD player with no success. On track 51, it will skip ahead ten
    >seconds when Gandalf starts to say "...swift", or it will move back to
    >track 50. The first DVD I tried skipped on track 51 in both my DVD
    >player and PS2. The second DVD will play perfectly in the damnable
    >PS2 but not my DVD player. I know the PS2 is a crap DVD player, that
    >is why I bought a real DVD player. So what the Hell?

    It may be possible that the disc you've got may be defective, but the error
    correction and/or defect tracking in your DVD player could be inferior to the
    PS-2.

    What is the make of your DVD player? - Reinhart
    LASERandDVDfan, Sep 4, 2003

  3. RoadBoy

    rw Guest

    (RoadBoy) wrote in message news:<>...
    > Isao <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > > Has anyone had the Two Towers DVD freeze up on them on chapter 51 I
    > > believe? It is right after Sam gives his speech towards the end of the
    > > film and happens just as Gandalf and company look down upon the
    > > plains. It only does it on my PS2, not on my DVD player or my PC DVD
    > > player. Does PS2 have these kind of problems??
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Samwise

    > Someone riddle me this one. I have tried TWO different discs in my
    > DVD player with no success. On track 51, it will skip ahead ten
    > seconds when Gandalf starts to say "...swift", or it will move back to
    > track 50. The first DVD I tried skipped on track 51 in both my DVD
    > player and PS2. The second DVD will play perfectly in the damnable
    > PS2 but not my DVD player. I know the PS2 is a crap DVD player, that
    > is why I bought a real DVD player. So what the Hell?

    On my sony DVD player 530 is the model number put two towers in and
    it skipped at this same spot....thought it was a scratch cleaning dvd
    did not help so took it back to the store...brand new dvd of two
    towers did the same thing right out of the box....tried it on my sony
    dvd writer on my computer and no skip...have never had this problem
    with any other dvd wonder if there is a problem with the dvd of two
    towers that is causing this on sony built machines
    rw, Sep 6, 2003