Re: Two Towers Defective on PS2!!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Paul C., Sep 2, 2003.

  1. Paul C.

    Paul C. Guest

    (LASERandDVDfan) wrote in

    > In videogames, that is an ignorant stance. That's very much

    like
    > saying that you don't enjoy watching b&w movies because the

    newer ones
    > are in color.

    I hate B&W movies & wouldn't watch them unless they were
    colorized.

    > I play the current generation, but I also play the older

    generation of
    > games with equal frequency. There are still great games on

    vintage
    > platforms that I have never played yet.

    I've tried but the games I once loved I now actually detest as
    being simplistic & dull. For example I bought the Activision
    Anthology which provides perfect reproductions of all their games
    & I only played it for one day before never touching it again.
    Some people can't go back. Even more recent games are painful when
    the graphics & sounds don't match up to more modern products. They
    can have an effect on the overall enjoyment of the game.

    Paul C., Sep 2, 2003

  2. >I hate B&W movies & wouldn't watch them unless they were
    >colorized.

    Hey, that's your problem. Your quirk is that you will miss some good movies
    from that era. For that matter, in this particular topic in concerns of video
    games, you'll miss out on some great stuff.

    You allow asthetics to ruin gameplay. Again, that's YOUR problem. - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Sep 2, 2003

  3. "LASERandDVDfan" <> wrote in message
    > >I hate B&W movies & wouldn't watch them unless they were
    > >colorized.

    > Hey, that's your problem. Your quirk is that you will miss some good

    movies
    > from that era. For that matter, in this particular topic in concerns of

    video

    I can't wait until they colorize those photos by Stieglitz, Adams and
    Weston. They are so old-skool I can't "watch" them.

    Steve

    Steve Knoblock, Sep 2, 2003
  4. >I can't wait until they colorize those photos by Stieglitz, Adams and
    >Weston. They are so old-skool I can't "watch" them.

    Yeah, let's colorize "Casablanca." Maybe someone can make Humphrey Bogart look
    a touch too red as a sick joke in reference to when he was accused as a
    communist during McCarthyism. - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Sep 2, 2003
  5. Paul C.

    Ray Tracer Guest

    in article , LASERandDVDfan at
    thus spake on 9/2/03 3:31 PM:

    >> I can't wait until they colorize those photos by Stieglitz, Adams and
    >> Weston. They are so old-skool I can't "watch" them.

    > Yeah, let's colorize "Casablanca." Maybe someone can make Humphrey Bogart
    > look
    > a touch too red as a sick joke in reference to when he was accused as a
    > communist during McCarthyism. - Reinhart

    ....And Ingrid a little blue, perhaps. Wait! Didn't Turner already do all
    this? :p

    Neal
    --
    Science is like sex: sometimes something useful comes out, but that is not
    the reason we are doing it - Richard Feynman

    Ray Tracer, Sep 2, 2003
  6. Paul C.

    Jay G Guest

    "LASERandDVDfan" <> wrote
    > Yeah, let's colorize "Casablanca."

    Ted Turner already has. It didn't go over well.

    -Jay

    Jay G, Sep 2, 2003
  7. >Wait! Didn't Turner already do all
    >this? :p

    As a matter of fact, yes! He did!

    You could have renamed the movie "Casablanca in SPACE" and no one would have
    questioned it because of the screwed up coloring. - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Sep 3, 2003