Re: Two Towers Defective on PS2!!

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Black Locust, Sep 1, 2003.

  1. Black Locust

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <Xns93E7C53736818abcdefghjklica@198.164.200.20>,
    "Paul C." <> wrote:

    > What about discs with extras ? Do they lose out on anything there ?
    > There is less storage space after all so I can see there could be
    > times when they may have to cut unessential things. Whether or not
    > that bothers someone is up to them naturally but it's something to
    > consider.

    What do you mean by "extras?" The only area in which the Gamecube
    suffers because of the smaller discs is a tad bit more compression for
    FMV and music. This is why they used two discs for Enter the Matrix.
    Because that game contained over an hour of film clips shot by the
    Wachowski brothers that tied directly into the Matrix movies, Shiny
    Entertainment wanted the clips to be shown at the best quality possible
    for each platform.
    --
    BL
    Black Locust, Sep 1, 2003

  2. Black Locust

    Paul C. Guest

    Black Locust <> wrote in news:bl2112-
    :

    The only area in which the Gamecube
    > suffers because of the smaller discs is a tad bit more compression

    for
    > FMV and music. This is why they used two discs for Enter the

    Matrix.
    > Because that game contained over an hour of film clips shot by the
    > Wachowski brothers that tied directly into the Matrix movies,

    Shiny
    > Entertainment wanted the clips to be shown at the best quality

    possible
    > for each platform.

    That's what I mean, the format choice leads to the inconvenience of
    needing two discs. Not many people enjoy changing discs. I even
    remember them advertising Resident Evil being on 2 discs as if it
    was a good thing rather than a fault due to their choice of an
    insufficiently sized medium.
    Paul C., Sep 2, 2003

  3. Black Locust

    Black Locust Guest

    In article <Xns93E9F0356CB4Cabcdefghjklica@198.164.200.20>,
    "Paul C." <> wrote:

    > That's what I mean, the format choice leads to the inconvenience of
    > needing two discs. Not many people enjoy changing discs. I even
    > remember them advertising Resident Evil being on 2 discs as if it
    > was a good thing rather than a fault due to their choice of an
    > insufficiently sized medium.

    Inconvenience? Pfff. As I already said, only about 2% of GC games
    actually use two discs. Also, a game like Resident Evil usually takes
    anywhere from 25-30 hours to beat. You play the game half way through,
    switch to the second disc ONCE and then play that disc until you've beat
    the game. That's far from being an inconvenience.
    --
    BL
    Black Locust, Sep 3, 2003