    items actually ship (they actually don't print the real shipping date
    anywhere, which appears to be intentional) suggests they cannot be
    trusted as a supplier.
    ddmcd, Sep 1, 2003

  2. ddmcd

    Guest

    On Mon, 01 Sep 2003 12:28:33 GMT, ddmcd <> wrote:

    >given some of the deals i'd be willing to stick around after my
    >membership commitment but the fact they appear to be lying about when
    >items actually ship (they actually don't print the real shipping date
    >anywhere, which appears to be intentional) suggests they cannot be
    >trusted as a supplier.

    That's my whole point, well said. Yeah, I know that there are some
    deals there, but it just seems to me like the club does everything
    possible to deceive its members (things have recently changed, but in
    the past, it was next to impossible to tell whether a DVD you had in
    your cart counted towards your purchase aggreeement until AFTER you
    hit "buy now"). With the RIDICULOUS prices they charge for S&H, I
    want a pre-ordered DVD in my hands the day it comes out, not three
    days later.
    , Sep 1, 2003

  3. > wrote:

    >That's my whole point, well said. Yeah, I know that there are some
    >deals there, but it just seems to me like the club does everything
    >possible to deceive its members (things have recently changed, but in
    >the past, it was next to impossible to tell whether a DVD you had in
    >your cart counted towards your purchase aggreeement until AFTER you
    >hit "buy now"). With the RIDICULOUS prices they charge for S&H, I
    >want a pre-ordered DVD in my hands the day it comes out, not three
    >days later.

    Perhaps the postal system had a degree of responsibility in their
    arrival date.
    Maureen Goldman, Sep 1, 2003
  4. ddmcd

    ddmcd Guest

    I don't think so. Columbia is the only shipper I know that purposely
    disguises or hides the shipping date. And in some cases, I believe that
    they purposely lie about the shipping date. Which seems so bizarre given
    that so many competitors provide that information.

    They also do not respond to email inquiries about the shipping date, I
    have discovered. My conclusion is that for some unknown reason they have
    decided to purposely alienate their customers. Perhaps they are seeking
    a buyer.

    ddmcd, Sep 2, 2003