Re: Two Questios

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Jack [MVP-Networking], Feb 18, 2010.

  1. Hi
    If you can use the Wireless connection to surf the Internet than the issue
    is Not a Wireless issue but rather he configuration of the File and Printer
    sharing.
    When configured on peer-to-peer Network. Win 7 has three types of Sharing
    configurations.
    Home Network = Works only between Win 7 computers. This type of
    configuration makes it very easy to Entry Level Users to start Network
    sharing.
    Work Network = Basically similar to the previous methods of sharing that let
    you control what, how, and to whom folders would be shared with.
    Public Sharing = Public Network (like Internet cafe) to reduce security
    risks.
    The Work Network is the one that most of us are going (and need) to use.
    Win 7 Work Network's Sharing settings are in principle similar to Vista's
    configuration (some menu in locations in Win 7 might be in different place,
    and look a little different, but it should not be a problem for a compute to
    adopt)
    So, maybe this can Help.
    Firewall instructions.
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...mputers-running-different-versions-of-Windows
    Win7 Work Network with a little visual help),
    http://www.onecomputerguy.com/windows7/windows7_sharing.htm
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Windows XP File Sharing -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    When finished with the setting of the system it is advisable to Reboot all
    the hardware including Router and all computers involved.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Feb 18, 2010