Re: Twin Peaks - Season 2, wait until October

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by The Man With No Name, Jan 27, 2007.

  1. > "XaaVe" <> wrote in message
    >> Are we finally going to get season 2 released ?(it has had a number of
    >> previous release dates, including Nov last year), anyway it is up for
    >> pre-order - it is being released in 2 parts, both due out on the 12/4/07.
    >>

    >> Part 1 :- http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/788176
    >>

    >> Part 2 :- http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/791931

    It is being released (Part 1 is already available from Germany) *but*
    firstly, the whole season is available in 1 box from America ($50
    Australian, from DVDPacific) and, secondly, a complete box-set is being
    released in several countries (already listed in Amazon.de and said to be
    released in America) in October, with additional extras and a remastered
    pilot (Lynch has already talked about the remastered pilot in interviews
    (for those who didn't know, the pilot on the PAL Season 1 set is basically
    just a step above VHS quality; nothing near the quality of the remastered
    episodes.)

    So, even if you don't want to wait and see if the October release is worth
    getting, I recommend getting the Twin Peaks Season 2 from America ($50
    being, to my arithmatic-challenged Aussie-consumer mind, slightly less than
    $140)
    The Man With No Name, Jan 27, 2007

  2. In article <45bb1eb8$0$23346$>,
    "The Man With No Name" <> wrote:

    > > "XaaVe" <> wrote in message
    > >> Are we finally going to get season 2 released ?(it has had a number of
    > >> previous release dates, including Nov last year), anyway it is up for
    > >> pre-order - it is being released in 2 parts, both due out on the 12/4/07.

    > It is being released (Part 1 is already available from Germany)

    Seems amazing, but I see it's on the amazon.de site. Are there any
    reviews around?

    > *but*
    > firstly, the whole season is available in 1 box from America ($50
    > Australian, from DVDPacific)

    If you check the DVDPacific site you'll find it is a pre-order for an
    April 10th release, not an available disc. Seems like much better value
    in R1, although being shot on film I would guess the PAL transfer will
    be marginally better quality.

    > and, secondly, a complete box-set is being
    > released in several countries (already listed in Amazon.de and said to be
    > released in America) in October, with additional extras and a remastered
    > pilot (Lynch has already talked about the remastered pilot in interviews
    > (for those who didn't know, the pilot on the PAL Season 1 set is basically
    > just a step above VHS quality; nothing near the quality of the remastered
    > episodes.)

    Sorry, I have to disagree. The quality of the pilot on the R4 box is
    fine. It's marginally lesser than the episodes but it is far better than
    VHS.

    Also from bitter experience the likelihood of future, wonderful releases
    in the Twin Peaks franchise has usually evaporated - I seem to remember
    this Season 2 release was originally announced for 2004, wasn't it? I
    wouldn't hold my breath. Ditto the expanded release of Fire, Walk With
    Me.

    Cheers, MK.
    Matthew Kirkcaldie, Jan 27, 2007