Re: Twilight zone

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by The Chief Instigator, Oct 5, 2009.

  1. On Sun, 04 Oct 2009 16:12:27 -0500, philo <> wrote:
    > http://www.wbng.com/news/local/63458072.html
    >

    > aargh
    >

    > 50 years
    >

    > I can recall the show well
    >

    > sheesh I must be old !!!!
    >

    > No TV here anymore
    >
    > but that show was a good one

    Rod Serling was a bit of a visionary. (I was watching that back in
    the early '60s, in the age of monochrome.)

    --
    Patrick L. "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey () Houston, Texas
    www.io.com/~patrick/aeros.php (TCI's 2008-09 Houston Aeros) AA#2273

    The Chief Instigator, Oct 5, 2009

  2. The Chief Instigator

    rd Guest

    "The Chief Instigator" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 04 Oct 2009 16:12:27 -0500, philo <> wrote:
    >> http://www.wbng.com/news/local/63458072.html
    >>

    >> aargh
    >>

    >> 50 years
    >>

    >> I can recall the show well
    >>

    >> sheesh I must be old !!!!
    >>

    >> No TV here anymore
    >>
    >> but that show was a good one

    > Rod Serling was a bit of a visionary. (I was watching that back in
    > the early '60s, in the age of monochrome.)

    Rod Serling was a good writer. (and producer) Plain and simple.

    rd, Oct 5, 2009

  3. On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 21:13:07 -0500, rd <> wrote:

    > "The Chief Instigator" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 04 Oct 2009 16:12:27 -0500, philo <> wrote:
    >>> http://www.wbng.com/news/local/63458072.html
    >>>

    >>> aargh
    >>>

    >>> 50 years
    >>>

    >>> I can recall the show well
    >>>

    >>> sheesh I must be old !!!!
    >>>

    >>> No TV here anymore
    >>>
    >>> but that show was a good one

    >> Rod Serling was a bit of a visionary. (I was watching that back in
    >> the early '60s, in the age of monochrome.)

    > Rod Serling was a good writer. (and producer) Plain and simple.

    Indeed.

    The Chief Instigator, Oct 5, 2009
  4. The Chief Instigator

    Guest

    "rd" <> wrote:

    >"The Chief Instigator" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 04 Oct 2009 16:12:27 -0500, philo <> wrote:
    >>> http://www.wbng.com/news/local/63458072.html
    >>>

    >>> aargh
    >>> 50 years
    >>> I can recall the show well
    >>> sheesh I must be old !!!!
    >>> No TV here anymore
    >>> but that show was a good one

    >> Rod Serling was a bit of a visionary. (I was watching that back in
    >> the early '60s, in the age of monochrome.)

    >Rod Serling was a good writer. (and producer) Plain and simple.

    It wasn't only good writing, it was the photography as well. I watched
    a documentary a long time ago on the subject - it was a well produced
    program.

    There have been so many Twilight marathons I've lost count, but I
    still enjoy all but a very few.

    Setup up the T.V. menu for night (night light) the T.V. plays all
    night long, if there isn't anything really worth watching I'll select
    a twilight zone episode, syfy station plays an hours worth around
    2:00a.m. my time.

    --

    http://i36.tinypic.com/14dq4u9.jpg

    , Oct 13, 2009
  5. On Mon, 12 Oct 2009 21:09:01 -0700, <> wrote:
    > "rd" <> wrote:
    >

    >>"The Chief Instigator" <> wrote in message

    >>> Rod Serling was a bit of a visionary. (I was watching that back in
    >>> the early '60s, in the age of monochrome.)

    >>Rod Serling was a good writer. (and producer) Plain and simple.

    > It wasn't only good writing, it was the photography as well. I watched
    > a documentary a long time ago on the subject - it was a well produced
    > program.
    >
    > There have been so many Twilight marathons I've lost count, but I
    > still enjoy all but a very few.
    >
    > Setup up the T.V. menu for night (night light) the T.V. plays all
    > night long, if there isn't anything really worth watching I'll select
    > a twilight zone episode, syfy station plays an hours worth around
    > 2:00a.m. my time.

    I'll look into that after tonight, considering we're UTC-5, which would make
    that 4 AM.

    --
    Patrick L. "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey () Houston, Texas
    www.io.com/~patrick/aeros.php (TCI's 2008-09 Houston Aeros) AA#2273
    LAST GAME: Houston 2, Texas 1 (SO, October 10)
    NEXT GAME: Friday, October 16 vs. San Antonio, 7:35

    The Chief Instigator, Oct 13, 2009
  6. The Chief Instigator

    Guest

    The Chief Instigator <> wrote:

    >> Setup up the T.V. menu for night (night light) the T.V. plays all
    >> night long, if there isn't anything really worth watching I'll select
    >> a twilight zone episode, syfy station plays an hours worth around
    >> 2:00a.m. my time.

    >I'll look into that after tonight, considering we're UTC-5, which would make
    >that 4 AM.

    Ahhh, can't use my schedule as an example for many reason's.

    I use Directv, I live in Washington state and it appears I get my feed
    from the east coast (a 3 hour difference). Used to work very well, as
    the history channel starts it's paid programming programs at 12:00
    while the other channels have something to watch, It used to go back
    to normal programming at 3:00 when the nothing else was on, but they
    just added another hour, now it's not on till 4 now.

    The Twilight Zone isn't always on from 2:00am my time, from 2:00 -
    3:00 is filler for the Syfy channel it could be anything on as the
    movie has just ended.

    I did say T.Z. played at 2:00, I ment if it does I'll program it in.

    Also not sure what happened to Directv, about 6-8 months ago there was
    nothing worth watching, I don't watch the law shows, the reality crap,
    anything with canned laughter, and certainly not the paid programming.

    Used to be programming from 11:00p.m. to 9:00 was no problem as there
    was always something worth watching - not anymore it's actually a
    chore finding something to program in.

    This is at night while I'm sleeping :) - it's just if I wake up, I'd
    like something interesting to be on, it will put me right back to
    sleep - that's why I don't program in canned laughter shows - they
    wake me up.

    I have the basic channels, I really thinking of upgrading just to be
    able to watch something worth watching - and that could be their
    (Directv's) angle.

    --

    Marge Simpson poses for Playboy cover
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091009/ap_on_en_ot/us_playboy_marge_simpson

    , Oct 15, 2009
  7. On Wed, 14 Oct 2009 20:58:54 -0700, <> wrote:
    > The Chief Instigator <> wrote:
    >
    >>> Setup up the T.V. menu for night (night light) the T.V. plays all
    >>> night long, if there isn't anything really worth watching I'll select
    >>> a twilight zone episode, syfy station plays an hours worth around
    >>> 2:00a.m. my time.

    >>I'll look into that after tonight, considering we're UTC-5, which would make
    >>that 4 AM.

    > Ahhh, can't use my schedule as an example for many reason's.
    >
    > I use Directv, I live in Washington state and it appears I get my feed
    > from the east coast (a 3 hour difference). Used to work very well, as
    > the history channel starts it's paid programming programs at 12:00
    > while the other channels have something to watch, It used to go back
    > to normal programming at 3:00 when the nothing else was on, but they
    > just added another hour, now it's not on till 4 now.

    That's likely to be different on our cable provider, TVMax, and overnight
    it's basically paid programs.

    > The Twilight Zone isn't always on from 2:00am my time, from 2:00 -
    > 3:00 is filler for the Syfy channel it could be anything on as the
    > movie has just ended.
    >
    > I did say T.Z. played at 2:00, I ment if it does I'll program it in.
    >
    > Also not sure what happened to Directv, about 6-8 months ago there was
    > nothing worth watching, I don't watch the law shows, the reality crap,
    > anything with canned laughter, and certainly not the paid programming.
    >
    > Used to be programming from 11:00p.m. to 9:00 was no problem as there
    > was always something worth watching - not anymore it's actually a
    > chore finding something to program in.
    >
    > This is at night while I'm sleeping :) - it's just if I wake up, I'd
    > like something interesting to be on, it will put me right back to
    > sleep - that's why I don't program in canned laughter shows - they
    > wake me up.
    >
    > I have the basic channels, I really thinking of upgrading just to be
    > able to watch something worth watching - and that could be their
    > (Directv's) angle.

    It's come a long way since the days when there were only three commercial
    networks (and NET was a mailed-tape network, back in the early 1960s).

    The Chief Instigator, Oct 15, 2009