Re: TV Out cable

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Southern Kiwi, Aug 27, 2003.

  1. "GraB" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Got a TV Out s-video to s-video cable, connected it to the Radeon 7500
    > and my TV and started the computer. Was impressed to be able to watch
    > the boot-up on TV and seeing Windows fullscreen. Off course text is
    > nowhere near as clear. Tried a DVD. Quality difference between the
    > computer monitor and the TV was the same as with the text. The
    > computer monitor was far superior, grainless, crisp, sharp and
    > detailed, the TV doesn't get a look in. The picture on the TV was as
    > good as TV pictures can get but nowhere near the PC monitor. That has
    > decided me against a stand-alone DVD player, would rather put the
    > money into a larger monitor.

    Try a nicer TV :0)

    My TV (admittedly a fairly dear, one is superior to my monitor)

    Cheers
    Southern Kiwi
    Southern Kiwi, Aug 27, 2003

  2. Southern Kiwi

    Andrew Guest

    How bad is your monitor??

    What kind of tv?, Presumably 100hz model?

    Andrew, Aug 27, 2003

  3. Southern Kiwi

    GraB Guest

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:00:02 +1200, "Southern Kiwi"
    <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:

    >"GraB" <> wrote in message
    >> Got a TV Out s-video to s-video cable, connected it to the Radeon 7500
    >> and my TV and started the computer. Was impressed to be able to watch
    >> the boot-up on TV and seeing Windows fullscreen. Off course text is
    >> nowhere near as clear. Tried a DVD. Quality difference between the
    >> computer monitor and the TV was the same as with the text. The
    >> computer monitor was far superior, grainless, crisp, sharp and
    >> detailed, the TV doesn't get a look in. The picture on the TV was as
    >> good as TV pictures can get but nowhere near the PC monitor. That has
    >> decided me against a stand-alone DVD player, would rather put the
    >> money into a larger monitor.
    >>

    >Try a nicer TV :0)
    >
    >My TV (admittedly a fairly dear, one is superior to my monitor)

    It is a Panasonic before they started putting lower spec tubes in.
    Very nice.
    GraB, Aug 28, 2003
  4. Southern Kiwi

    GraB Guest

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:00:02 +1200, "Southern Kiwi"
    <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote:

    >"GraB" <> wrote in message
    >> Got a TV Out s-video to s-video cable, connected it to the Radeon 7500
    >> and my TV and started the computer. Was impressed to be able to watch
    >> the boot-up on TV and seeing Windows fullscreen. Off course text is
    >> nowhere near as clear. Tried a DVD. Quality difference between the
    >> computer monitor and the TV was the same as with the text. The
    >> computer monitor was far superior, grainless, crisp, sharp and
    >> detailed, the TV doesn't get a look in. The picture on the TV was as
    >> good as TV pictures can get but nowhere near the PC monitor. That has
    >> decided me against a stand-alone DVD player, would rather put the
    >> money into a larger monitor.
    >>

    >Try a nicer TV :0)
    >
    >My TV (admittedly a fairly dear, one is superior to my monitor)

    What's wrong with your monitor? :-o If you ran a TV Out cable into
    your TV would it show text better than the monitor?

    I have spent a lot of time checking out new TVs of all kinds and
    sizes, including plasma, projectors and rear projection and none of
    them come close to the quality of a PC monitor for sharpness and
    detail.
    GraB, Aug 28, 2003
  5. Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote in message
    "Andrew" <> wrote in message
    > How bad is your monitor??
    > What kind of tv?, Presumably 100hz model?

    It is a Panasonic TX-80P250Z and has a svga input in the front, and yes it
    is 100zh.
    I looked at rear projection TVs, other 100hz models and projectors, but
    nothing came close to either the specs or performance of this one, there is
    nothing about it I would change...except the remote pisses me off with a
    couple of awkward functions

    Cheers
    Southern Kiwi

    Southern Kiwi, Aug 28, 2003