Re: TV Out cable

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by David Keane, Aug 27, 2003.

  1. David Keane

    David Keane Guest

    GraB wrote:

    >Got a TV Out s-video to s-video cable, connected it to the Radeon 7500
    >and my TV and started the computer. Was impressed to be able to watch
    >the boot-up on TV and seeing Windows fullscreen. Off course text is
    >nowhere near as clear. Tried a DVD. Quality difference between the
    >computer monitor and the TV was the same as with the text. The
    >computer monitor was far superior, grainless, crisp, sharp and
    >detailed, the TV doesn't get a look in. The picture on the TV was as
    >good as TV pictures can get but nowhere near the PC monitor. That has
    >decided me against a stand-alone DVD player, would rather put the
    >money into a larger monitor.
    >
    >Only thing was there was no sound on the TV. Does the TV Out not
    >carry sound as well?

    an S-Video Cable only carries a Video signal, not an Audio signal AFAIK.
    You'll need to use a RCA or *cringe* a 3.5mm cable to do the audio. Plug
    it into the line-in socket(the one that isn't line out, and isn't
    microphone) on your soundcard or motherboard.
    David Keane, Aug 27, 2003

  2. David Keane

    GraB Guest

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 00:00:18 +1200, David Keane
    <> wrote:

    >GraB wrote:
    >
    >>Got a TV Out s-video to s-video cable, connected it to the Radeon 7500
    >>and my TV and started the computer. Was impressed to be able to watch
    >>the boot-up on TV and seeing Windows fullscreen. Off course text is
    >>nowhere near as clear. Tried a DVD. Quality difference between the
    >>computer monitor and the TV was the same as with the text. The
    >>computer monitor was far superior, grainless, crisp, sharp and
    >>detailed, the TV doesn't get a look in. The picture on the TV was as
    >>good as TV pictures can get but nowhere near the PC monitor. That has
    >>decided me against a stand-alone DVD player, would rather put the
    >>money into a larger monitor.
    >>
    >>Only thing was there was no sound on the TV. Does the TV Out not
    >>carry sound as well?
    >>

    >an S-Video Cable only carries a Video signal, not an Audio signal AFAIK.
    >You'll need to use a RCA or *cringe* a 3.5mm cable to do the audio. Plug
    >it into the line-in socket(the one that isn't line out, and isn't
    >microphone) on your soundcard or motherboard.

    Using the line-out to my amp, but I have a double-adapter that I could
    use. Thanks.
    GraB, Aug 27, 2003

  3. David Keane

    GraB, Aug 27, 2003
  4. David Keane

    Andrew Guest

    In that case, couldnt you send the signal from your amp to the tv? - or just
    use the amps speakers which are obviously already hooked up

    Andrew, Aug 27, 2003