Re: TV and computer hookup?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by George, Oct 12, 2008.

  1. George

    George Guest

    "Ritter197" <> wrote in message
    > have a fried who is almost totally blind legally and we bought for him a
    > 32 " Sharp #LC32D41U TV as a monitor with his 4200+ HP desktop running on
    > Windows XP Professional with SP's installed.
    >
    > For some reason it gives him no image of Windows when turned on suddenly,
    > after it worked fine for months.
    >
    > Does someone have a similar hookup and might be of help?
    >
    > The computer works fine, because I brought my normal monitor and windows
    > displays fine.
    >
    > Also, on his Sharp he can access the various menus and they display fine,
    > just not the windows destop or anything pertaining to windows.

    Does the TV show any sort of image ie stations white noise? remote or TV not
    set to VID or aux?
    George, Oct 12, 2008

  2. George

    George Guest

    "Ritter197" <> wrote in message
    > Yes it shows noise, snow.
    > It also shows very clear color images when one is in Menu.

    Right, you shouldnt get any white noise on aux input so the TV is infact in
    TV mode and not in Aux or composite mode.
    George, Oct 12, 2008

  3. George

    George Guest

    "George" <> wrote in message

    > "Ritter197" <> wrote in message
    >> Yes it shows noise, snow.
    >> It also shows very clear color images when one is in Menu.
    >>

    > Right, you shouldnt get any white noise on aux input so the TV is infact
    > in TV mode and not in Aux or composite mode.

    The inputs are as follows...

    A/V (Composite),
    Analog Coaxial(RF),
    Audio - Line In (1/8" Mini),
    Component Video,
    DVI,
    HDMI,
    S-Video

    Select the input on the remote to which its attached to the PC ie if its
    component? then select component in the TV's menu.
    George, Oct 12, 2008