Re: Turn computer off? Or leave on?

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Tom MacIntyre, May 28, 2005.

  1. On Wed, 25 May 2005 00:05:37 GMT, "smackedass"
    <> wrote:

    >Hello again,
    >
    >What do you recommend? And/or, what do you do? And, why?
    >
    >My customers keep asking me this, and I'm ashamed to say, I don't have any
    >solid answers.
    >
    >My stock reply: it doesn't make much of a difference, although I wouldn't
    >leave it on ALL the time, or turn it off every time that I was done using
    >it.
    >
    >Thanks, again, in advance.

    I have heard recommendations to leave on unless it'll be unused and/or
    unattended for extended periods. The rationale is that the changes in
    temperature create multiple expansion/contraction situations which
    potentially lead to failure.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, May 28, 2005