Re: Tuning DSL line

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Doug McIntyre, Jan 25, 2011.

  1. "Elia S." <> writes:
    >since the port is limited at 7Mb (aal5 clockrate 7000000) I would like to
    >train ADSL at a lower setting to gain some SNR.

    Why? you seem to have zero corrected or uncorrected errors.. 9.5dB of
    SNR is fine.

    >Cells: 0 2090917 0 526470
    >Reed-Solomon EC: 0 0 0 0
    >CRC Errors: 0 0 0 0

    Thats pretty clean. Most lines I see would have some corrected (ie. RS err)
    after a couple million of cells.

    >Is it possibile to force the cisco to train at a lower speed ? something
    >around 7000 ?

    Not that I know of.

    Doug McIntyre, Jan 25, 2011

  2. Doug McIntyre

    bod43 Guest

    On Jan 25, 4:42 pm, Doug McIntyre <> wrote:
    > "Elia S." <> writes:
    > >since the port is limited at 7Mb (aal5 clockrate 7000000) I would like to
    > >train ADSL at a lower setting to gain some SNR.

    > Why? you seem to have zero corrected or uncorrected errors.. 9.5dB of
    > SNR is fine.
    >
    > >Cells:                    0          2090917             0            526470
    > >Reed-Solomon EC:          0                0             0                 0
    > >CRC Errors:               0                0             0                 0

    > Thats pretty clean. Most lines I see would have some corrected (ie. RS err)
    > after a couple million of cells.
    >
    > >Is it possibile to force the cisco to train at a lower speed ? something
    > >around 7000 ?

    > Not that I know of.

    I agree.

    My understanding is that the preferred speed is set at
    the upstream end. So, if you really, really wanted it to work
    less well than it is at present then you could try to persuade
    the provider to arrange the line to your requirements:)

    If you are on a mass-market connection you
    will not be able to achieve your required degredation
    but if you are paying more you might be able to.

    bod43, Jan 26, 2011