Re: Trying to wirelessly network USB external hard drives

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Allan Chou, Oct 16, 2008.

  1. Allan Chou

    Allan Chou Guest

    Yes, John is right. The USB to Ethernet adapter needs to work on a platform
    with OS and USB host controller inside.

    ASIX Electronics Corporation
    Technical Support Division
    Support:
    Sales:
    http://www.asix.com.tw/

    Allan Chou, Oct 16, 2008

  2. Allan Chou

    Tyler Guest

    Interested in this original thread.. what was the outcome?

    I have the exact situation. Want to attach my 500 gb external usb drive
    directly to the linksys router to create a shared "network" drive for all my
    computers at home..

    Does the usb to ethernet adaptor work, does't the drive need an ip address
    to be seen by the network, can this be resolved with software (creating a
    virtual ip addy?)

    Tyler

    Tyler, Oct 16, 2008