Re: Trunk on Cisco 877

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by bod43, Feb 18, 2011.

  1. bod43

    bod43 Guest

    Firstly the wireless link will need to support 802.1q
    trunking. Otherwise forget it.

    Firstly - as well - you will need Advanced IP Services
    feature set on the 870 to have support for
    multiple vlans.

    ! I am dubious about config mode configuration of vlans
    ! on 870's so I use vlan database.

    vlan database
    vlan 255
    exit

    int vlan 1
    ip address 172.16.0.0 255.255.254.0

    int vlan 255
    ip address 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0

    int fa 0
    switchport access vlan 255

    int fa 1
    switchport access vlan 255

    int fa 2
    switchport access vlan 255

    int fa 3
    sw mode trunk ! or otherwise get trunking working.

    ! you will need to get the trunking mode the same on both ends of the
    ! link regarding trunk negotiation or otherwise.

    I can imagine the wireless kit being "trunk transparent" or
    "trunk knowledgable" - or of course "trunk impossible". You
    will have to get support/info from the suppliers.

    The non-cisco kit is up to you:)

    bod43, Feb 18, 2011