Re: Truecrypt 4.1

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Anonymous, Nov 30, 2005.

  1. Anonymous

    Anonymous Guest

    Winged wrote:

    > Borked Pseudo Mailed wrote:
    >> nemo_outis wrote:
    >>

    >>>Ari Silverstein <> wrote in

    >>>Can I have some of whatever you're on? It must be good stuff. Except
    >>>for wild speculation, you have not pointed to anything that would have
    >>>the remotest chance of standing up a a basis of claim.

    >> ROTFL!
    >>
    >> And your whole "True Crypt fixed a problem for no reason at all"
    >> argument is anything but your big mouth running exactly HOW nemo?
    >>

    >>>So, let me extend to you the same invitation I made to Borky: cite some
    >>>cases - shit, any cases! - of successful suits for failing to update
    >>>free software. Any jurisdiction - I'll even settle for Burkina Faso.

    >> I suggest you look up and study the Uniform Computer Information
    >> Transaction Act. See if you can pull your head out of your little self
    >> impressed cloud long enough to find the passages on free software and
    >> how it's NOT exempt from liability for defects. This might save you from
    >> looking so much like a clueless luzer in the future.
    >>
    >> No charge for the LART. Sorry I didn't bring you up to speed a bit
    >> sooner.
    >>

    > Actually this Act applies to commercial transactions or transactions where
    > trade occurs. Since the software was free, no trade occurs so no
    > provision of this act applies...see section 302.

    Oh for crying out LOUD!

    There's several sections in the act that SPECIFICALLY STATE that free
    software isn't any more immune to liability than stuff that's charged for.
    READ the damned thing willya already!

    Anonymous, Nov 30, 2005