Re: Troubleshooting Overruns on HSSI Interface

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by Tim Thorne, Jul 8, 2003.

  1. Tim Thorne

    Tim Thorne Guest

    MrPaul <> wrote:

    >I've looked for quite a bit regarding troubleshooting overruns but
    >haven't been able to find a decent document either on cisco.com or
    >groups.google.com so here I stand...

    http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_q_and_a_item09186a008014f919.shtml

    I know it says serial, but its the same principal for hssi. Had a
    couple of these to solve before. One was a dodgy cable and the other
    one seemed to be solved by reseating the memory. On average you're
    getting around one an hour. I'd pay it more attention when the errors
    are rising every minute. A couple an hour isn't a problem.

    TT

    Tim Thorne, Jul 8, 2003

  2. Tim Thorne

    MrPaul Guest

    On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 20:13:33 GMT,
    (Tim Thorne) wrote:

    >MrPaul <> wrote:
    >
    >>I've looked for quite a bit regarding troubleshooting overruns but
    >>haven't been able to find a decent document either on cisco.com or
    >>groups.google.com so here I stand...

    >http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk801/tk36/technologies_q_and_a_item09186a008014f919.shtml
    >
    >I know it says serial, but its the same principal for hssi. Had a
    >couple of these to solve before. One was a dodgy cable and the other
    >one seemed to be solved by reseating the memory. On average you're
    >getting around one an hour. I'd pay it more attention when the errors
    >are rising every minute. A couple an hour isn't a problem.
    >
    >TT

    Thanks for the tip!
    Paul

    MrPaul, Jul 9, 2003