Re: Trouble Establishing Wireless Connection

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by ggeo99, Jan 22, 2006.

  1. ggeo99

    ggeo99 Guest

    I had the same problem with a linksys router/modem. I was frustrated
    because my wireless connector could connect with the network, but the
    ip was 169.xxx.xxx.xxx "Automatic Private Address" like there was no
    dhcp. Of course I had limited connectivity ie no internet! The most
    bizzarre thing was that if I "wired" the laptop to the router, then
    everything worked ok.

    The problem solved when I reset the router to the factory settings.
    Immediately the laptop took ip from DHCP and everything worked fine.

    --
    ggeo99

    ggeo99, Jan 22, 2006