Re: [TROLL] Re: Letters from His Imaginary Advice Column

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Dave Cohen, Dec 19, 2008.

  1. Dave Cohen

    Dave Cohen Guest

    TROLL SPOTTER wrote:
    > On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 09:19:46 -0800, SMS <> wrote:
    >
    >> I have a photographic advice column in a local community newspaper.

    > Translation: Here's what he wrote in "Notepad" on his computer this morning.
    >
    >> I'm going to post some of the letters I receive

    > Translation: Here's one of the questions he posed to himself as an alter-ego to
    > keep his few brain cells busy.
    >

    > SMS, do everyone a favor. Go out and actually buy a camera. You've proved time
    > and time again that the closest you ever get to a camera is a downloadable user
    > manual. Why do you insist on making such a complete ass of yourself.
    >
    > Better yet, go play with that "computer controlled geyser" that you installed in
    > Yellowstone park. Remember that? I hear it needs repair again.
    >
    > For the rest of you that don't know what a bullshit troll this SMS actually is,
    > do a google search for that topic. He makes up stories that outlandish just for
    > attention. Just like this thread he's starting. He's never even touched a real
    > camera in his lifetime.

    Easy answer, let SMS supply the name of the publication in question and
    post a photocopy of the article.
    Dave Cohen
    Dave Cohen, Dec 19, 2008

  2. Dave Cohen

    Bert Hyman Guest

    In news:gigsqk$l3r$ Dave Cohen <>
    wrote:

    > Easy answer, let SMS supply the name

    Easier answer: Learn to use your news client's killfile or filter.

    --
    Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
    Bert Hyman, Dec 19, 2008

  3. Dave Cohen

    SMS Guest

    Dave Cohen wrote:

    > Easy answer, let SMS supply the name of the publication in question and
    > post a photocopy of the article.

    Type "Cupertino Courant" into Google's search box, then click on "I'm
    Feeling Lucky."

    It's just a local e-newspaper that one of my friend's puts together and
    e-mails to about 15,000 local residents every week. I help him out
    occasionally with some content in the technology area.
    SMS, Dec 19, 2008
  4. Dave Cohen

    Mark Thomas Guest

    SMS wrote:
    > Dave Cohen wrote:
    >
    >> Easy answer, let SMS supply the name of the publication in question
    >> and post a photocopy of the article.

    > Type "Cupertino Courant" into Google's search box, then click on "I'm
    > Feeling Lucky."
    >
    > It's just a local e-newspaper that one of my friend's puts together and
    > e-mails to about 15,000 local residents every week. I help him out
    > occasionally with some content in the technology area.

    SMS, that's a *particularly* impressive one page website... How proud
    you must be.

    And yes, you would need to use "I'm feeling Lucky", because that, and
    one other (completely ignored) posting by *you* are the *only*
    references to it on Google. Who's the marketing guru again???

    By the way, the misspellings of all the email addresses at the bottom
    ('cept yours, of course) lets it down a tad. But let's not quibble, I'm
    sure the *rest* of your 'helping out' has been most valuable to your
    friend...

    (O:
    (O:
    Mark Thomas, Dec 20, 2008
  5. Dave Cohen

    SMS Guest

    Stephen Bishop wrote:
    > On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 13:25:17 -0800, SMS <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Dave Cohen wrote:
    >>
    >>> Easy answer, let SMS supply the name of the publication in question and
    >>> post a photocopy of the article.

    >> Type "Cupertino Courant" into Google's search box, then click on "I'm
    >> Feeling Lucky."
    >>
    >> It's just a local e-newspaper that one of my friend's puts together and
    >> e-mails to about 15,000 local residents every week. I help him out
    >> occasionally with some content in the technology area.

    > I think it's a good article. Keep it up!

    Thank you.
    SMS, Dec 20, 2008
  6. Dave Cohen

    Mark Thomas Guest

    OT - SMS technology advice, Curry in Cupertino..

    Mark Thomas wrote:
    > By the way, the misspellings of all the email addresses at the bottom...

    Oh, and the one *link* on that page doesn't work either. here's some
    free help and a free plug - the tiny url should point to:
    http://www.house-foods.com/CurryHouse/Default.aspx
    NOT:
    http://www.house-foods.com/curry_house.html

    I'm not sure it was a good idea to admit to being the technology adviser
    - or are they just not listening to you?
    Mark Thomas, Dec 20, 2008