Re: Trojan got through to JUST IE and not FireFox

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Meat Plow, Jan 4, 2011.

  1. Meat Plow

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Mon, 03 Jan 2011 16:49:18 -0600, Lookout wrote:

    > Windows XP Pro
    > All Svc packs
    >
    > While using Firefox AND Yahoo chat a virus program popped up saying I'm
    > infected and it's scanning for problems. Seen this before. Shut things
    > down, tried do get updates for SuperAntiSpyware and that was blocked.
    > Scanned with MalwareBytes and SuperAntiSpyware and found nothing.
    > HOWEVER when I got back on I found I still couldn't update
    > SuperAntiSpyware AND Yahoo chat was still down BUT FireFox was fine.
    > Checked and the Proxy Server settings on IE had been changed.
    >
    > So..how do I find out which port this got through that both IE and
    > SuperAntiSpyware use and how do I stop it from happening? My Windows
    > Firewall IS ON.
    >
    > Thanks

    Comes through the same port as the browser. Could be a buffer overflow
    exploit. Give EMET a try.

    <http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?
    FamilyID=c6f0a6ee-05ac-4eb6-acd0-362559fd2f04>

    Meat Plow, Jan 4, 2011