Re: Tripods

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mort, Nov 13, 2012.

  1. Mort

    Mort Guest

    wrote:
    > Can anyone suggest a decent mini-tripod for a pro-sumer camera? I'll be using it
    > with a Fujifilm HS30EXR and while I want small, so I can put it in the case, I
    > want sturdy too. Thanks.

    I have a small table-top tripod made by Leitz for the Leica cameras. Its
    three legs swivel around to form one thick leg, so to speak, for easy
    carrying or packing. The thing is over 40 years old,and still like
    new,and is basically indestructible. I have used it on tabletops, desks,
    church pews and benches,and when necessary, braced against my chest.

    By the way, if you are taking a picture of a stationary subject, then
    try to use the camera's self-timer to avoid camera shake. I have done so
    with exposures of as long as 1/4 second with better-than-expected results.

    Good luck,

    Mort Linder

    Mort, Nov 13, 2012