    loaf" for the crowd below."

    That ain't how they crap. Trust me, I've taken a lot of crappy bird
    pics so I know.
    Annika1980, Dec 14, 2008

  2. Annika1980

    Guest

    "Annika1980" <> wrote in message news:11d96755-

    > That ain't how they crap. Trust me, I've taken a lot of crappy bird
    > pics so I know.

    True, they usually crap on their wings and aim for the people with big
    zoom lenses below.
    , Dec 14, 2008

  3. Annika1980

    Marvin Guest

    wrote:
    > "Annika1980" <> wrote in message news:11d96755-
    >>
    >> That ain't how they crap. Trust me, I've taken a lot of crappy bird
    >> pics so I know.

    > True, they usually crap on their wings and aim for the people with big
    > zoom lenses below.

    When I was driving across the Tappen Zee Bridge on the
    Hudson River one day, a sea gull crapped right on my
    windshield, just where it would block my view of the road to
    the maximum. Since I generally have good relations with
    seagulls, I didn't take it as a personal matter.
    Marvin, Dec 14, 2008
  4. Annika1980

    Guest

    "Marvin" <> wrote in message news:k2b1l.
    1806$...
    > wrote:
    >> "Annika1980" <> wrote in message news:11d96755-
    >>>
    >>> That ain't how they crap. Trust me, I've taken a lot of crappy bird
    >>> pics so I know.

    >> True, they usually crap on their wings and aim for the people with big
    >> zoom lenses below.
    >>

    > When I was driving across the Tappen Zee Bridge on the
    > Hudson River one day, a sea gull crapped right on my
    > windshield, just where it would block my view of the road to
    > the maximum. Since I generally have good relations with
    > seagulls, I didn't take it as a personal matter.

    Seagulls are smart birds and they interact with humans quite a bit
    because city seagulls eat handouts from humans meant for pigeons and
    geese. Sometimes they dive-bomb people or their cars just for fun.

    Tell you a true bald eagle story. Long time ago when I was walking in
    university campus from one building to another, out of nowhere a
    skeleton of a pigeon fell in front of me. The meat of the pigeon was
    stripped bare and there were only a couple of feathers left on the
    very tip of the wings so I could easily identity that it was a pigeon.
    I looked around and there were nobody anywhere near enough to throw
    the skeleton at me and there were no buildings within 200 yards so
    nobody could have thrown it from a building. When I looked straight
    up, this stupid bald eagle was hovering 30 feet above, and I could see
    very clearly that the idiot was sticking its head out looking down at
    me. When it saw that I was looking up, it even squawked a few times
    before flying away. The idiot probably polished off the pigeon in its
    nest, came out to dispose of the garbage, and decided to see if it can
    hit me in the head with the pigeon bones. I was studying in the
    University of British Columbia in Vancouver, B.C. where we have a
    large population of bald eagles nesting in the coastal forest
    surrounding the campus.
    , Dec 14, 2008
  5. Annika1980

    frank Guest

    On Dec 14, 8:38 am, Annika1980 <> wrote:
    > On Dec 14, 8:25 am, "Larry Thong" <> wrote:
    >
    > "Constipated eagle flapping its wings in a futile attempt to "pinch a
    > loaf" for the crowd below."
    >
    > That ain't how they crap.  Trust me, I've taken a lot of crappy bird
    > pics so I know.

    What an incredibly stupid commentary.

    Ignoring for the moment its against Federal law to harass an eagle or
    to get too close to a nest in mating season. Its usually listed as a
    thousand feet or so. And they will fine you and haul your carcass to
    court so you can help pay for the Federal deficit.

    Been birding for years and one thing you learn is how to respect
    wildlife. Which this idiot with her (its?) commentary does not.
    frank, Dec 14, 2008
  6. Annika1980

    J. Clarke Guest

    Marvin wrote:
    > wrote:
    >> "Annika1980" <> wrote in message news:11d96755-
    >>>
    >>> That ain't how they crap. Trust me, I've taken a lot of crappy
    >>> bird
    >>> pics so I know.

    >> True, they usually crap on their wings and aim for the people with
    >> big zoom lenses below.
    >>

    > When I was driving across the Tappen Zee Bridge on the
    > Hudson River one day, a sea gull crapped right on my
    > windshield, just where it would block my view of the road to
    > the maximum. Since I generally have good relations with
    > seagulls, I didn't take it as a personal matter.

    I am reminded of the Friggin' Falcon
    http://www.cheetah.net/jafo/falcon.html

    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate
    (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
    J. Clarke, Dec 14, 2008
  7. John Navas wrote:
    > On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 10:25:20 -0800 (PST),
    > wrote in
    > <>:
    >
    >> Seagulls are smart birds ...

    > Right. LOL! Seagulls devour anything that remotely resembles food,
    > including (for example) sparerib bones, which then kill them. Really
    > smart. My dog isn't that dumb.

    aus.photo removed

    I bet you've never put in front of your dog anything that could be
    dangerous. Yes, dogs are way smarter than gulls, but not all can avoid
    trying to eat something that could be dangerous.

    --
    john mcwilliams
    John McWilliams, Dec 14, 2008
  8. Annika1980

    Guest

    "John Navas" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 10:25:20 -0800 (PST),
    > wrote in
    > <>:
    >
    >>Seagulls are smart birds ...

    > Right. LOL! Seagulls devour anything that remotely resembles food,
    > including (for example) sparerib bones, which then kill them. Really
    > smart. My dog isn't that dumb.

    Really? The sparerib bones killed them, eh? Did you watch the seagulls
    drop dead after swallowing the bones, or you just assume they would?
    How often have you seen choked-to-death seagulls?

    Seagulls swallow big spiny fish whole. They have developed the
    capability of regurgitating whatever they cannot digest.

    I have watched seagulls picking out the fishing hooks inside sunfish
    and catfish thrown onto the grass by anglers before swallowing them.
    They apparently know the fishing hooks are not good to eat because
    fishing hooks have barbs and cannot come back out if swallowed.
    , Dec 14, 2008
  9. Annika1980

    Ray Fischer Guest

    John Navas <> wrote:
    >On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 10:25:20 -0800 (PST),
    >wrote in
    ><>:
    >
    >>Seagulls are smart birds ...

    >Right. LOL! Seagulls devour anything that remotely resembles food,
    >including (for example) sparerib bones, which then kill them. Really
    >smart. My dog isn't that dumb.

    One word: Chocolate

    --
    Ray Fischer
    Ray Fischer, Dec 14, 2008
  10. Annika1980

    Gary Edstrom Guest

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 07:21:43 -0800 (PST),
    wrote:

    >"Annika1980" <> wrote in message news:11d96755-
    >>

    >> That ain't how they crap. Trust me, I've taken a lot of crappy bird
    >> pics so I know.

    >True, they usually crap on their wings and aim for the people with big
    >zoom lenses below.

    Remember that rhyme from elementary school?

    Little birdie in the sky
    Why'd you do it in my eye?
    Gee I'm glad that cows don't fly!
    Gary Edstrom, Dec 14, 2008
  11. John Navas wrote:
    > On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 12:52:30 -0800 (PST),
    > wrote in
    > <>:
    >
    >> "John Navas" <> wrote in message
    >>> On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 10:25:20 -0800 (PST),
    >>> wrote in

    >>> Right. LOL! Seagulls devour anything that remotely resembles food,
    >>> including (for example) sparerib bones, which then kill them. Really
    >>> smart. My dog isn't that dumb.

    >> Really? The sparerib bones killed them, eh? Did you watch the seagulls
    >> drop dead after swallowing the bones, or you just assume they would?
    >> How often have you seen choked-to-death seagulls?

    > Really. Have watched them choke to death. Have had to make sure people
    > don't throw the bones in the water.

    [aus.photo out.]

    Or M-80s wrapped in sardines....

    --
    john mcwilliams
    John McWilliams, Dec 15, 2008
  12. Annika1980

    k Guest

    "Ray Fischer" <> wrote in message
    | John Navas <> wrote:
    | >On Sun, 14 Dec 2008 10:25:20 -0800 (PST),
    | >wrote in
    | ><>:
    | >
    | >>Seagulls are smart birds ...
    | >
    | >Right. LOL! Seagulls devour anything that remotely resembles food,
    | >including (for example) sparerib bones, which then kill them. Really
    | >smart. My dog isn't that dumb.
    |
    | One word: Chocolate

    onions and garlic too..
    k, Dec 15, 2008