RE: TRIBUTE

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Harry Chiba, Dec 6, 2003.

  1. Harry Chiba

    Harry Chiba Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi, My mom's running win98 on a tiger 266 mhz computer(time for a new one) but she has a problem.
    > When I try to open "my computer", it freezes the computer so I can't open any of the other icons.
    > I tried going through start/run with the same results (tried to read the cd-rom). The mouse still goes across the screen but I
    > can't do anything else. Thanks!!!! sorry for the lack of info but I don't know what else to put.

    Tried booting in safe mode?

    Guest, Dec 7, 2003

  3. Harry Chiba

    °Mike° Guest

    1. Please do not put "RE" in the subject line. It looks like
    you are replying to another post. Re is added automatically
    to reply posts.

    2. Please adjust your line wrap to 72 characters. Yours is too
    long, and as you can see below, quoted text is a mess.

    3. You really should provide more information, but you can start
    by performing some basic computer maintenance.

    4. Post back with as much information as you can, including
    any (verbatim) error messages, how long since this problem,
    was any software/hardware installed prior to the problem, has
    up-to-date virus scan been performed, has system been checked
    for spyware/malware, etc.

    On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 02:22:16 GMT, in
    <s9wAb.190452$>
    <> scrawled: