    and tell me i have to pay another 150 just to use it....all i got to say is
    your about to lose a custormer that is going to transfer to linux if i cant
    get this product for free

    =?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?=, May 10, 2005

  2. Joe <> wrote in:

    > yah, honestly there are people representing mircrosoft that can
    > not even write in english, this whole 64bit windows is making me
    > very very angry,

    I can see you're upset but I don't think you have *any* room to
    criticize other's use of English (or spelling or punctuation) based on
    your post.

    > i have bought microsoft windows home and later
    > upgraded to a 64bit processor for gaming purposes now you are
    > telling me i have to get xp profesional just to get the 64bit

    No, you do not have to buy XP Professional, you can just buy X64 or you
    can stay with XP Home, it works very nicely on 64 bit machines.

    > this is a total joke the software should be free like a service
    > pack for 64bit processing.

    It's not a service pack, it's a completely different operating system.
    When you upgraded from Windows 58 they didn't give you XP home for free
    did they?

    > i got and spend 200 some dollars on a new processor just to have you
    > guys come and tell me i have to pay another 150 just to use it.

    See above, you do not have to spend ANY money to use your new
    processor, it will work with XP Home and work very well.

    > all i got to say is your about to lose a custormer that is going to
    > transfer to linux if i cant get this product for free

    I hope you'll be happy with Linux, you might want to try the Mandrake
    64 bit distro, it works very well for me and you can get it for free.

    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <>

    David R. Norton MVP, May 10, 2005

  3. David R. Norton MVP wrote:
    > Joe <> wrote in:
    >
    > .
    > When you upgraded from Windows 58 they didn't give you XP home for
    > free did they?

    LOL. Typos, you know I hate them. :)

    Wayne Wastier, May 10, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?=

    warpsix Guest

    Joe wrote:
    > yah, honestly there are people representing mircrosoft that can not even
    > write in english, this whole 64bit windows is making me very very angry, i
    > have bought microsoft windows home and later upgraded to a 64bit processor
    > for gaming purposes now you are telling me i have to get xp profesional just
    > to get the 64bit, this is a total joke the software should be free like a
    > service pack for 64bit processing...this is total bullcrap and "MICROSOFT"
    > you know it your just a bunch of money hungry bastards... its total bull...i
    > got and spend 200 some dollars on a new processor just to have you guys come
    > and tell me i have to pay another 150 just to use it....all i got to say is
    > your about to lose a custormer that is going to transfer to linux if i cant
    > get this product for free

    good by

    warpsix, May 10, 2005
  5. "Wayne Wastier" <> wrote in:

    > David R. Norton MVP wrote:
    >> Joe <> wrote in:
    >>
    >> .
    >> When you upgraded from Windows 58 they didn't give you XP home for
    >> free did they?

    > LOL. Typos, you know I hate them. :)

    What typo? Didn't you run Windows 58? I upgraded my Windows 49 to 58
    right after it was released in late 1958 and was pretty happy with it.

    Of course, when Windows 62 came along it pretty much obsoleted the
    earlier versions....

    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <>

    David R. Norton MVP, May 10, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?=

    Chris Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote:
    > this is a total joke the software should be free like a
    > service pack for 64bit processing

    May I ask what you do for a living? I'd very much like to get a couple
    years of your labour for free.

    Chris

    Chris, May 10, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?=

    John Long Guest

    Joe,

    Can you put a V-8 in my 4 cyl car (for free) ?
    I would like that very much.
    ( I could also use some more rooms added onto my house)

    John
    KW7A

    John Long, May 10, 2005
  8. David R. Norton MVP wrote:
    > "Wayne Wastier" <> wrote in:
    >
    >> David R. Norton MVP wrote:
    >>> Joe <> wrote in:
    >>>
    >>> .
    >>> When you upgraded from Windows 58 they didn't give you XP home for
    >>> free did they?

    >> LOL. Typos, you know I hate them. :)

    > What typo? Didn't you run Windows 58? I upgraded my Windows 49 to 58
    > right after it was released in late 1958 and was pretty happy with it.
    >
    > Of course, when Windows 62 came along it pretty much obsoleted the
    > earlier versions....

    David, psssst .... This is universe 701a-b/39a-2z_12. So, Windows didn't
    come out here until the mid 1980's. You need to set your quizdoflunder to
    1/2 quarks. ROFLOL

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, May 10, 2005
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Would you really want someone with this IQ working for you, even for free?
    You would loose ground.

    John Barnes, May 10, 2005
  10. John Barnes wrote:
    > Would you really want someone with this IQ working for you, even for
    > free? You would loose ground.

    HIs IQ is not really that important. But, you might consider hiding your
    valuables, as someone might think they should be free? ROFLOL

    Wayne Wastier, May 10, 2005
  11. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?=

    ocbwilg Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in message
    > yah, honestly there are people representing mircrosoft that can not even
    > write in english, this whole 64bit windows is making me very very angry, i
    > have bought microsoft windows home and later upgraded to a 64bit processor
    > for gaming purposes now you are telling me i have to get xp profesional
    > just
    > to get the 64bit, this is a total joke the software should be free like a
    > service pack for 64bit processing...this is total bullcrap and "MICROSOFT"
    > you know it your just a bunch of money hungry bastards... its total
    > bull...i
    > got and spend 200 some dollars on a new processor just to have you guys
    > come
    > and tell me i have to pay another 150 just to use it....all i got to say
    > is
    > your about to lose a custormer that is going to transfer to linux if i
    > cant
    > get this product for free

    Point one, take a chill pill.

    Point two, does your new processor that you spent "some 200 dollars" on not
    run your current version of Microsoft Windows? I bet it does, so I fail to
    see where Microsoft has done anything inappropriate here.

    Your mistaken belief that a simple patch or service pack would be sufficient
    to convert Windows XP to full 64-bit functionality only underlines how
    little you know about what you're saying. Let me ask you this though, of
    all of the 64-bit Linux distributions that you're threatening to switch to,
    how many of them offered a patch to upgrade the OS to 64-bit? None of them,
    even they had to produce entirely new, 64-bit, versions of their operating
    system. And since the Linux distros make their OS available for free, I
    doubt that they did 64-bit as an entirely new product because they're "just
    a bunch of money hungry bastards".

    But hey, if you want to believe it your way, don't let me stop you. Have
    fun playing all of those awesome new PC games that you bought your new x64
    CPU for on Linux.

    ocbwilg, May 10, 2005
  12. "Wayne Wastier" <> wrote in:

    > David, psssst .... This is universe 701a-b/39a-2z_12. So, Windows
    > didn't come out here until the mid 1980's. You need to set your
    > quizdoflunder to 1/2 quarks. ROFLOL

    Are you sure? Hmmmmm... Well, does 9 x 6 still equal 42 here?

    --
    David R. Norton MVP
    <>

    David R. Norton MVP, May 10, 2005
  13. David R. Norton MVP wrote:
    > "Wayne Wastier" <> wrote in:
    >
    >> David, psssst .... This is universe 701a-b/39a-2z_12. So, Windows
    >> didn't come out here until the mid 1980's. You need to set your
    >> quizdoflunder to 1/2 quarks. ROFLOL

    > Are you sure? Hmmmmm... Well, does 9 x 6 still equal 42 here?

    LOL.... Here, 42 is a game played with dominoes. :)

    Wayne Wastier, May 10, 2005
  14. Can you all just stop bitching. I just came on to see if there is a date yet
    for the download and all i see is people moaning that windows 64. If you want
    to moan go to a moaning topic.

    Back to the topic in hand. Does anyone have a date for when the download
    will be avalable. If any does have a date but cant share it could you please
    advise me if you would recommend me ordering the free trial?

    Thank you

    Adam

    =?Utf-8?B?b3B0aW1hZGFt?=, May 13, 2005
  15. Right The trials avalable to downlaod but all i get is

    The following error(s) has occurred:

    No Product Key can be returned at this time.
    If quantity does not equal '1', please correct the quantity and re-submit.

    Does anyone else have this problem?

    =?Utf-8?B?b3B0aW1hZGFt?=, May 21, 2005
  16. everyone has this problem

    The Fatbastard, May 21, 2005
  17. =?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?=

    _Mark_ Guest

    Everyone. Gets old having to reenter all that info.

    _Mark_, May 21, 2005
  18. So it there a fix?

    =?Utf-8?B?b3B0aW1hZGFt?=, May 21, 2005
  19. "optimadam" <> wrote in message
    > So it there a fix?

    Yes, wait some time - maybe a day or so (to give us a chance to fix this)
    then retry.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], May 21, 2005
  20. Good news is that most of the info isn't passed onto the checkout.asp
    page, suggesting that none of this data is saved (except email address).
    Of course I could be totally wrong.

    Rafael Rivera
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], May 22, 2005