Re: transfer video (VHS, PAL) archive to DVD

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by CAM, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. CAM

    CAM Guest

    On Sun, 3 Aug 2003 21:15:30 +0200, "David Schläpfer"
    <dsc@d-s-c(nospam).ch> wrote:

    >Hello
    >we are looking for support in order to transfer a vhs-archive (PAL) to dvd.

    Panasonic dmr dvd recorder will do exactly what your after.
    these are standalones and will record in real time.

    >Who did such a project?
    >What has to be made sure?
    >which machines (vhs->dvd-copy-machines) exist, are recommendable?
    >Are there accurate double-speed readers (or faster?)

    dvd recorders burn in real time which is 1x burning.
    To make copies buy a pioneer a06 and then use 4x media in your
    computer setup.

    >Which DVDs are recommended (scratch-resistant, maybe even light-resistant)
    >Is it recommendable to print the label with one of the available
    >dvd/cd-Printers?

    I do, I buy printable media.
    Avoid placing labels on media and direct contact with sunlight.

    >are there Long-Term perspectives (chemics of the dvd?)
    >have they to be stored at certain temperatures / darkness in order to last
    >longer?

    I just have them sitting about on a shelf in cases.

    CAM, Aug 5, 2003