Re: Transfer from analogue to digital

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Trick, Jun 23, 2003.

  1. Trick

    Trick Guest

    The basic idea is to get them off the videocam onto PC as it isnt my camera.

    I can record them onto video myself.

    I have a firewire port that came with my Audigy soundcard....is that usable?

    "Chet" <> wrote in message
    > You need a "Video Capture Card". The one I use is the Dazzle device but
    > there are others. There are some that install in the PC and others that
    > connect via USB or firewire, consider the various options before you buy.
    > They usually come with video editing software of various types.
    >
    > Also consider whether you need to output the video from your computer to a
    > VCR or TV set and take care of that at the same time. In the long run you
    > will probably want to record your moves on DVD but DVD recorders are still
    > pretty expensive.
    > "Trick" <> wrote in message
    > > I have an analogue video camera that uses Video out leads to connect to

    my
    > > TV so that I can watch my recordings. It also has a scart convertor so

    > that
    > > I can record my 8mm tapes onto Videocassette.
    > >
    > > IS it possible to get these onto my PC? what hardware software do i

    need?

    > > --
    > >

    > > Cheers
    > >
    > > (remove bra for spamfilter)
    > >
    > > Trick
    > >

    > > ---
    > > Trick says that outgoing mail is certified Virus Free

    ---
    Trick says that outgoing mail is certified Virus Free

    Trick, Jun 23, 2003

  2. Trick

    Trick Guest

    its a hi8 cam

    Trick, Jun 23, 2003

  3. Trick

    Kenny Guest

    I use a Matrox G450eTV capture with a Canon Hi-8 camcorder, very good
    results.

    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Jun 24, 2003