Re: Trademe pictures sometimes dont load in firefox

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Richard, Jul 14, 2008.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    ofn01 wrote:
    > We're with Orcon & have noticed a strange thing with trademe.
    >
    > For a while we had dialup, in between having broadband.
    >
    > In Firefox (2 or 3) on broadband there are problems with pictures loading -
    > after a while it just hangs. In Internet Explorer it is fine.
    >
    > On dialup it is fine with either Firefox or Internet Explorer
    >
    > Has anyone else had this behaviour?

    I had problems with it because a router was being stupid with its DNS
    fowarding when asked for the AAAA record, which since firefox supports
    ipv6 it will query first.

    Flatmate has a netgear ethernet wireless router plugged into a dlink
    telecom supplied router. One of them had the problem, it was reasonably
    well documented online...

    Richard, Jul 14, 2008

  2. Richard

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarweb "ofn01" typed:
    > "Richard" <> wrote in message
    >> ofn01 wrote:
    >>> We're with Orcon & have noticed a strange thing with trademe.
    >>>
    >>> For a while we had dialup, in between having broadband.
    >>>
    >>> In Firefox (2 or 3) on broadband there are problems with pictures
    >>> fine. On dialup it is fine with either Firefox or Internet Explorer
    >>>
    >>> Has anyone else had this behaviour?

    >> I had problems with it because a router was being stupid with its DNS
    >> fowarding when asked for the AAAA record, which since firefox
    >> supports ipv6 it will query first.
    >>
    >> Flatmate has a netgear ethernet wireless router plugged into a dlink
    >> telecom supplied router. One of them had the problem, it was
    >> reasonably well documented online...

    > I read up about the problem - can't find the setting for my router
    > (either in the help file or any of the menus). Tried disabling ipv6
    > requests in firefox using about:config but the problem still
    > persists. Really odd that it is just trademe & just their images and
    > only sometimes.

    No problems here, using a Thompson/Alcatel Speedtouch 510/FF 3.0.
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jul 14, 2008