Re: Trademe pictures sometimes dont load in firefox

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Ralph Fox, Jul 14, 2008.

  1. Ralph Fox

    Ralph Fox Guest

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2008 18:03:08 +1200, in message <487aee6a$>,
    ofn01 wrote:

    > We're with Orcon & have noticed a strange thing with trademe.
    >
    > For a while we had dialup, in between having broadband.
    >
    > In Firefox (2 or 3) on broadband there are problems with pictures loading -
    > after a while it just hangs. In Internet Explorer it is fine.
    >
    > On dialup it is fine with either Firefox or Internet Explorer
    >
    > Has anyone else had this behaviour?

    A. Did you turn on pipelining in Firefox?
    http://kb.mozillazine.org/Network.http.pipelining

    There are some sites which tell you to turn on pipelining
    because (they say) it will speed up Firefox.
    For example, http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/10/16/speed-up-your-firefox-by-adjusting-your-http-pipelining/
    Turning on pipelining can also cause the same problems which
    you describe
    • pictures not loading
    • browser hangs

    B. Have you installed the 'Fasterfox' extension?

    One of the things Fasterfox does is turn on pipelining,
    which can cause this problem.

    --
    Cheers,
    Ralph