Re: Tracking ADSL outages?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Kookaburra, Aug 20, 2003.

  1. Kookaburra

    Kookaburra Guest

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 21:53:28 +1200, Col^ <> wrote:

    >There has been at least 5 outages in the last 30 days . SOme for up to 3 hours.
    >I use Paradise Jetstart . THe authentication server has crapped it's pants every
    >time. I also get periods of inactivity where nothing can access the net . These
    >mini outages last for anything from 1 to 3 minutes . Pain in the arse. Paradise
    >used to be a top ISP but nowadays i am not so sure. The haven't the brains to
    >put a message on the 0800 number to avoid long waits to inform them "Your
    >authentication server is down again"

    There was a quite a long outage earlier tonight just after I got
    bombarded by 20 emails containing the W32/Sobig.f@MM worm. I wondered
    if they couldn't cope with the buggers. :eek:))

    Cheers, Kooky
    Kookaburra, Aug 20, 2003

  2. Kookaburra

    SteveM Guest

    Kookaburra <> wrote in

    > On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 21:53:28 +1200, Col^ <> wrote:
    >
    >>There has been at least 5 outages in the last 30 days . SOme for up to
    >>3 hours. I use Paradise Jetstart . THe authentication server has
    >>crapped it's pants every time. I also get periods of inactivity where
    >>nothing can access the net . These mini outages last for anything from
    >>1 to 3 minutes . Pain in the arse. Paradise used to be a top ISP but
    >>nowadays i am not so sure. The haven't the brains to put a message on
    >>the 0800 number to avoid long waits to inform them "Your
    >>authentication server is down again"

    > There was a quite a long outage earlier tonight just after I got
    > bombarded by 20 emails containing the W32/Sobig.f@MM worm. I wondered
    > if they couldn't cope with the buggers. :eek:))
    >
    > Cheers, Kooky

    Had the same here - Meadowbank Auckland.

    SteveM
    SteveM, Aug 20, 2003

  3. Kookaburra

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Kookaburra <> wrote in

    > There was a quite a long outage earlier tonight just after I got
    > bombarded by 20 emails containing the W32/Sobig.f@MM worm. I wondered
    > if they couldn't cope with the buggers. :eek:))
    >
    > Cheers, Kooky

    Yep, outage tonight - but no worms here

    --
    Chris Mayhew using Xnews !
    Chris Mayhew, Aug 20, 2003
  4. Kookaburra

    Kookaburra Guest

    On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:35:47 GMT, Chris Mayhew <> wrote:

    >Yep, outage tonight - but no worms here

    and I'm still on dial-up

    Cheers, Kooky
    Kookaburra, Aug 20, 2003
  5. Kookaburra

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Kookaburra <> wrote in

    > On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 10:35:47 GMT, Chris Mayhew <> wrote:
    >

    >>Yep, outage tonight - but no worms here

    > and I'm still on dial-up
    >
    > Cheers, Kooky

    It had come back on when I posted my responce last night, don't know how
    long mine was off for.

    --
    Chris Mayhew using Xnews !
    Chris Mayhew, Aug 20, 2003