Re: Toy Test

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by ASCII, Feb 7, 2011.

  1. ASCII

    ASCII Guest

    Savageduck wrote:

    >> Like I said, it's not a work of art, but I hope the overall
    >> exposure and colour look good.
    >>
    >> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/images/ToyTestSmall.jpg (fast
    >>
    >> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/images/ToyTest.jpg (full size jpg,
    >> about 17 megs)
    >>
    >> http://www.blind-apertures.ca/images/ToyTest.png (full size png,
    >> about 25 megs)
    >>
    >> Any comments appreciated.
    >>
    >> Take Care,
    >> Dudley

    >Yup! None of those URL's lead anywhere.

    They all lead to the same pic of a dog's head,
    with the [png] the slowest loading of all.
    ASCII, Feb 7, 2011

  2. ASCII

    tony cooper Guest

    On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 06:09:27 -0800, Savageduck
    <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    >>> Yup! None of those URL's lead anywhere.

    >> They all lead to the same pic of a dog's head,
    >> with the [png] the slowest loading of all.

    >I am still getting a "404" error.

    It's you. Download a flea collar and the images will no longer be
    blocked.

    --
    Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida
    tony cooper, Feb 7, 2011

  3. ASCII

    shiva das Guest

    In article <2011020714462777923-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,

    > On 2011-02-07 10:35:13 -0800, Dudley Hanks <> said:
    >
    > > Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com> wrote:

    > >> I am still getting a "404" error.
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> Regards,
    > >>
    > >> Savageduck
    > >>

    > > Hmmm, I'm not sure what to say. Does the following link work?
    > >

    > > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/images/SnowDaySmall.jpg
    > >

    > > The only thing I did differently this time, regarding post
    > > processing and uploading, is to shoot in RAW only, then use
    > > Canon's utility to convert to jpg, hence the larger than
    > > normal byte count of the full-size jpg file.
    > >

    > > While I was using the Canon prog, I also converted the image
    > > into a tif format and later converted the tif to png using
    > > IrfanView. (just curious if all that processing would yield
    > > any issue seignificant enough for some one to comment on.)
    > >

    > > The smaller jpg was converted from the larger jpg using
    > > IrfanView.
    > >
    > > Is it possible for the Canon utility to do something your
    > > browser isn't compatible with, something significant enough to
    > > survive a couple of subsequent conversions in IrfanView?
    > >

    > > Take Care,
    > > Dudley

    > Yup! That worked just fine.

    All 7 URLs work just fine for me. No errors of any kind.

    Nice pics, too.

    I don't think the problem is at your end, Dudley, since all the pics are
    identical (except for size) in my browser (Safari on a Mac).

    --Shiv
    shiva das, Feb 8, 2011
  4. ASCII

    ASCII Guest

    Savageduck wrote:

    >BTW; I wouldn't touch AT&T with a ten foot pole.

    FWIW: In defense of MaBell...
    I started with PBI (PacBell Internet) in the mid 90s then they became SBC whom
    I was with when I went DSL some years ago, now it's all part of AT&T.
    I use Opera v11.01 and was able to DL all the pics just fine.
    Since I run the browser in a sandbox and routinely delete any souvenirs
    of my browsing sessions I'm not afraid to enable javascript, cookies, etc.
    ASCII, Feb 8, 2011
  5. ASCII

    Photozaur

    Joined:
    Feb 8, 2011
    Messages:
    8
    Very nice original photo!
    Photozaur, Feb 8, 2011
  6. ASCII

    Peter N Guest

    On 2/7/2011 9:09 AM, Savageduck wrote:

    >>> Yup! None of those URL's lead anywhere.

    >> They all lead to the same pic of a dog's head,
    >> with the [png] the slowest loading of all.

    > I am still getting a "404" error.

    Get a PC.

    --
    Peter
    Peter N, Feb 8, 2011
  7. ASCII

    Peter N Guest

    On 2/7/2011 10:20 PM, Savageduck wrote:

    > BTW; I wouldn't touch AT&T with a ten foot pole. That is the reason I am
    > using an Android phone not an iPhone.

    Yup!
    I had AT&T about 5 years ago. switched to Verizon and never looked back.
    Those with IPhones have no desire for widespread reliable coverage.
    Meanwhile, I am happy with my Android and ell not even consider a switch
    to the Verizon Iphone until they come out with a newer model.

    --
    Peter
    Peter N, Feb 8, 2011
  8. ASCII

    Peter N Guest

    On 2/8/2011 1:39 AM, ASCII wrote:
    > Savageduck wrote:
    >>
    >> BTW; I wouldn't touch AT&T with a ten foot pole.

    > FWIW: In defense of MaBell...
    > I started with PBI (PacBell Internet) in the mid 90s then they became SBC whom
    > I was with when I went DSL some years ago, now it's all part of AT&T.
    > I use Opera v11.01 and was able to DL all the pics just fine.
    > Since I run the browser in a sandbox and routinely delete any souvenirs
    > of my browsing sessions I'm not afraid to enable javascript, cookies, etc.

    Almost right. AT&T is part of SBC, Which changed its name.

    --
    Peter
    Peter N, Feb 8, 2011
  9. ASCII

    Peter N Guest

    On 2/8/2011 9:34 AM, George Kerby wrote:

    > On 2/8/11 7:58 AM, in article
    > 4d514c08$0$5693$-secrets.com, "Peter N"
    > <> wrote:

    >>> I am still getting a "404" error.
    >>>

    >> Get a PC.

    > I'd rather have bamboo shoots under my fingernails.

    That can be arraigned. Do you want them with glowing tips?

    --
    Peter
    Peter N, Feb 8, 2011
  10. ASCII

    Peter N Guest

    On 2/8/2011 9:34 AM, George Kerby wrote:

    > On 2/8/11 8:05 AM, in article
    > 4d514ddf$0$5681$-secrets.com, "Peter N"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> On 2/7/2011 10:20 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    >>

    >>> BTW; I wouldn't touch AT&T with a ten foot pole. That is the reason I am
    >>> using an Android phone not an iPhone.

    >> Yup!
    >> I had AT&T about 5 years ago. switched to Verizon and never looked back.
    >> Those with IPhones have no desire for widespread reliable coverage.
    >> Meanwhile, I am happy with my Android and ell not even consider a switch
    >> to the Verizon Iphone until they come out with a newer model.
    >>

    > Sorry for your loss...

    Glad it works for you. It didn't for me. There are some places where it
    works just fine. But, when I travel I had a lot of issues. I also had
    issues in NYC.

    --
    Peter
    Peter N, Feb 8, 2011
  11. ASCII

    J. Clarke Guest

    In article <4d514e6f$0$5681$-secrets.com>,
    says...

    > On 2/8/2011 1:39 AM, ASCII wrote:
    > > Savageduck wrote:
    > >>
    > >> BTW; I wouldn't touch AT&T with a ten foot pole.

    > > FWIW: In defense of MaBell...
    > > I started with PBI (PacBell Internet) in the mid 90s then they became SBC whom
    > > I was with when I went DSL some years ago, now it's all part of AT&T.
    > > I use Opera v11.01 and was able to DL all the pics just fine.
    > > Since I run the browser in a sandbox and routinely delete any souvenirs
    > > of my browsing sessions I'm not afraid to enable javascript, cookies, etc.

    > Almost right. AT&T is part of SBC, Which changed its name.

    And SBC was part of AT&T until the lawsuit. So it all just came back
    together.
    J. Clarke, Feb 8, 2011
  12. ASCII

    ASCII Guest

    Peter N wrote:
    >On 2/8/2011 1:39 AM, ASCII wrote:
    >> Savageduck wrote:
    >>>
    >>> BTW; I wouldn't touch AT&T with a ten foot pole.

    >> FWIW: In defense of MaBell...
    >> I started with PBI (PacBell Internet) in the mid 90s then they became SBC whom
    >> I was with when I went DSL some years ago, now it's all part of AT&T.
    >> I use Opera v11.01 and was able to DL all the pics just fine.
    >> Since I run the browser in a sandbox and routinely delete any souvenirs
    >> of my browsing sessions I'm not afraid to enable javascript, cookies, etc.

    >Almost right. AT&T is part of SBC, Which changed its name.

    Thanks for the clarification.
    The return addy on my monthly statements says;
    AT&T
    P.O. Box 5093
    Carol Stream, Il 60197-5093
    I'm not too up to date on which set of names or logos
    should be associated with any company anymore,
    just pay the bill and get back to surfing away my golden years.
    ASCII, Feb 8, 2011
  13. ASCII

    Peter N Guest

    On 2/8/2011 3:35 PM, ASCII wrote:
    > Peter N wrote:

    >>> FWIW: In defense of MaBell...
    >>> I started with PBI (PacBell Internet) in the mid 90s then they became SBC whom
    >>> I was with when I went DSL some years ago, now it's all part of AT&T.
    >>> I use Opera v11.01 and was able to DL all the pics just fine.
    >>> Since I run the browser in a sandbox and routinely delete any souvenirs
    >>> of my browsing sessions I'm not afraid to enable javascript, cookies, etc.

    >> Almost right. AT&T is part of SBC, Which changed its name.

    > Thanks for the clarification.
    > The return addy on my monthly statements says;
    > AT&T
    > P.O. Box 5093
    > Carol Stream, Il 60197-5093
    > I'm not too up to date on which set of names or logos
    > should be associated with any company anymore,
    > just pay the bill and get back to surfing away my golden years.

    If you think photography is an expensive hobby, try stock picking. (The
    treasurer lets me have a small sandbox for that one.)

    --
    Peter
    Peter N, Feb 10, 2011