Re: Total cost

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by James Martin, Jan 28, 2004.

  1. James Martin

    James Martin Guest

    I spent $130 for sybex core 4 pack (includes MCSE titles), $40 for 70-270
    book, $40 for 70-228 book, and $115/test with a voucher from
    getcertified4less.com for a total of $670. I also borrowed a couple MS
    Press titles from a friend. I was supposed to take the 70-228 exam
    finishing my MCSA this past Friday, but my testing center apparently went
    out of business so I had to reschedule at a different testing center (Which
    is quite aggrivating, as this one was 5 mins away, and the new one is over
    an hour!) So unless I don't pass 70-228, that will be my total cost for the
    MCSA. If I didn't have the necessary hardware already that would of course
    be an additional cost.

    "Dave" <> wrote in message
    > Lo everyone,
    >
    > Can you please tell me how much it has cost for you to obtain your MCSA

    certificate from beginning to end?

    James Martin, Jan 28, 2004

  2. James Martin

    Dave Guest

    Thanks for the responses guys,

    Did you all completely learned from home or did you attend lessons to prepare for the exams?

    Dave

    Dave, Jan 28, 2004

  3. James Martin

    kpg Guest

    > Did you all completely learned from home or did you attend lessons to
    prepare for the exams?

    I'm still in the process, but I have no corporate sponsor and I can't afford
    to pay for 'lessons' (and eat at the same time). So I do self-study, which
    I believe is the most common way. Self-study goes hand-in-hand with the
    need for experience (of some kind) with computers and networks and users.

    kpg, Jan 29, 2004
  4. James Martin

    Dave Guest

    So how can you study for example, a MCSA for windows 2003 when you dont even own the operating system?

    Dave, Jan 29, 2004
  5. James Martin

    kpg Guest

    You should beg, borrow or steal a copy. Well, not steal.
    Hands on is VERY important, and not just the Server but
    an actual network. Others here have single computer
    solutions for that using emulation software. Consider
    the expense of getting this software/equipment part of
    the cost of ther cert.

    kpg, Jan 29, 2004