Re: Total Computing Garage/closing down Sale tomorrow

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by GraB, Jan 23, 2004.

  1. GraB

    GraB Guest

    On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 21:44:41 +1300, T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > As I drove passed today I noticed that they are having a garage sale
    > tomorrow... a fair bit of older gear, about the quickest machine I saw
    > there was a Duron 1Ghz.

    You could see that driving past? !!

    GraB, Jan 23, 2004

  2. GraB wrote:
    >>As I drove passed today I noticed that they are having a garage sale
    >>tomorrow... a fair bit of older gear, about the quickest machine I saw
    >>there was a Duron 1Ghz.

    > You could see that driving past? !!

    ummm no, I saw the signs... the door was closed, but I know them, so
    barged right on in and had a look around.

    I grabbed 12 nics off them at $4 each, at that price I couldn't not grab
    them, sofar 8 out of 8 work :)

    --
    Http://www.Dave.net.nz
    Play Hangman

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Jan 23, 2004

  3. T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > GraB wrote:
    >>> As I drove passed today I noticed that they are having a garage sale
    >>> tomorrow... a fair bit of older gear, about the quickest machine I
    >>> saw there was a Duron 1Ghz.

    >> You could see that driving past? !!

    > ummm no, I saw the signs... the door was closed, but I know them, so
    > barged right on in and had a look around.
    >
    > I grabbed 12 nics off them at $4 each, at that price I couldn't not
    > grab them, sofar 8 out of 8 work :)

    any other good stuff there?
    I could do with an Athlon XP2400 (266FSB) if there any cheapies around

    Russell

    Russell Smithies, Jan 24, 2004
  4. GraB

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Russell Smithies" <> wrote in message
    > T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > >> You could see that driving past? !!

    > > ummm no, I saw the signs... the door was closed, but I know them, so
    > > barged right on in and had a look around.
    > >
    > > I grabbed 12 nics off them at $4 each, at that price I couldn't not
    > > grab them, sofar 8 out of 8 work :)

    > any other good stuff there?
    > I could do with an Athlon XP2400 (266FSB) if there any cheapies around
    >
    > Russell

    That's a bit advanced for that place to ever have collecting dust. I think
    you'll find it's quite a bit quicker than the Duron that Dave saw as being
    their best PC.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Jan 24, 2004
  5. GraB

    GraB Guest

    On Sat, 24 Jan 2004 13:20:19 +1300, "Russell Smithies"
    <> wrote:

    >T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>> You could see that driving past? !!

    >> ummm no, I saw the signs... the door was closed, but I know them, so
    >> barged right on in and had a look around.
    >>
    >> I grabbed 12 nics off them at $4 each, at that price I couldn't not
    >> grab them, sofar 8 out of 8 work :)

    >any other good stuff there?
    >I could do with an Athlon XP2400 (266FSB) if there any cheapies around
    >
    >Russell

    There wasn't that much. No CPUs on their own that I saw. Only 14"
    scruffy looking monitors that no-one seemed interested in, old PCs and
    mobos (k6-200 P166, P233) old modems, soundcards and video cards. No
    complete ATX cases. I was reasonably happy with an 8.4Gig drive which
    has tested out fine and a Yamaha soundcard. Would do if I can get my
    old K6-2/550 mobo installed and running again.

    GraB, Jan 24, 2004