Re: Top 5 Horror Flicks

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Jay Stewart, Aug 8, 2003.

  1. Jay Stewart

    Jay Stewart Guest

    "Salem Splitfoot" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns93D0BAF38E698steveringpeoplepccom@129.250.170.96...
    > "Lookingglass" <> wrote in
    >
    > > ... perhaps the fact that an alien and a saucer are in the film...!?!
    > >

    > So all sci fi movies have an alien and a saucer in them?

    A lot of them, yes.

    Jay Stewart, Aug 8, 2003

  2. "Jay Stewart" <> wrote in

    > "Salem Splitfoot" <> wrote in message
    >> "Lookingglass" <> wrote in
    >>
    >> > ... perhaps the fact that an alien and a saucer are in the film...!?!
    >> >

    >> So all sci fi movies have an alien and a saucer in them?
    >>

    > A lot of them, yes.

    I'm sure that I don't have to explain to you that "a lot" is not equal to
    "all". Therefore, aliens and saucers do not qualify as a criteria. Is
    Killer Klowns From Outer Space a sci fi movie? Why not- it's got aliens
    and a ufo in it? Is it possible that the presence of an alien and a saucer
    is not strict criteria to define genre?

    If there can be said to be genre experts, I'm sure that most would agree
    that The Thing (both versions) are sci fi/horror (and that's horror with
    elements of sci fi). But to simply define them as sci fi would be absurd.
    The whole point of these movies is to be scary, not to be scientifically
    intriguing in the Jules Verne-ian sense.

    -.,,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,,_,.-

    Procession Of The Damned- http://www.processionofthedamned.com/

    Salem Splitfoot, Aug 8, 2003

  3. DarkMatter <> wrote in

    > On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 01:48:35 GMT, "Jay Stewart" <>
    > Gave us:
    >

    >>> So all sci fi movies have an alien and a saucer in them?
    >>>

    >>A lot of them, yes.
    >>

    > So, is "Liquid Sky" a Sci Fi flick?
    >
    > Is "En Chien Andalou"?
    >
    > Both have saucers.
    >
    > Hey! I know!
    >
    > The Green Slime 1968

    Please say the DVD is coming... Please!

    -.,,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,,_,.-

    Procession Of The Damned- http://www.processionofthedamned.com/

    Salem Splitfoot, Aug 8, 2003
  4. Jay Stewart

    DarkMatter Guest

    On 8 Aug 2003 02:33:19 GMT, Salem Splitfoot <> Gave us:

    >Please say the DVD is coming... Please!

    I wonder how many caught that obscure reference.

    Hehehe.. don't know what is coming though. Not my purview.

    Where is what's his noodle? :]

    Norm Wilner. I'll bet he'd know.

    DarkMatter, Aug 8, 2003
  5. DarkMatter <> wrote in

    > On 8 Aug 2003 02:33:19 GMT, Salem Splitfoot <> Gave us:
    >

    >>Please say the DVD is coming... Please!
    >>

    > I wonder how many caught that obscure reference.

    Oh, I don't know. I haven't seen it since I was a kid. But I remember the
    funkidelic theme song.

    > Hehehe.. don't know what is coming though. Not my purview.
    >
    > Where is what's his noodle? :]
    >
    > Norm Wilner. I'll bet he'd know.

    Maybe if someone would challenge him to a sword-fight or something...

    Show yourself, Wilner, you wag!

    -.,,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,,_,.-

    Procession Of The Damned- http://www.processionofthedamned.com/

    Salem Splitfoot, Aug 8, 2003
  6. Jay Stewart

    GMAN Guest

    In article <>, TheBartenderBuyMeADrink wrote:
    >On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 01:48:35 GMT, "Jay Stewart" <>
    >Gave us:
    >

    >>> So all sci fi movies have an alien and a saucer in them?
    >>>

    >>A lot of them, yes.
    >>

    > So, is "Liquid Sky" a Sci Fi flick?
    >
    > Is "En Chien Andalou"?
    >
    > Both have saucers.
    >
    > Hey! I know!
    >
    > The Green Slime 1968

    Darkmatters mama's leg 1969

    GMAN, Aug 8, 2003
  7. Jay Stewart

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 05:20:22 GMT, (GMAN) Gave us
    this piece of shit excuse for an adult post

    >In article <>, TheBartenderBuyMeADrink wrote:
    >>On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 01:48:35 GMT, "Jay Stewart" <>
    >>Gave us:

    >>>A lot of them, yes.
    >>>

    >> So, is "Liquid Sky" a Sci Fi flick?
    >>
    >> Is "En Chien Andalou"?
    >>
    >> Both have saucers.
    >>
    >> Hey! I know!
    >>
    >> The Green Slime 1968

    >Darkmatters mama's leg 1969

    There is ALMOST enough information in your headers for me to come
    find your lame ass, and put it under the earth where it belongs.

    You had BETTER watch what the **** you say, boy.

    Inciting someone IS a TOS violation, retard boy.

    You have already crossed a line that you shouldn't have gone near,
    don't make yourself a complete shit and force me to report your lame
    ass, because I will.

    DarkMatter, Aug 8, 2003