Re: Top 5 Horror Flicks

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by DarkMatter, Aug 8, 2003.

  1. DarkMatter

    DarkMatter Guest

    On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 23:59:48 GMT, "Lookingglass"
    <> Gave us:

    >... perhaps the fact that an alien and a saucer are in the film...!?!

    Were the "saucer" a major portion of the film, I would agree, but
    since it makes a quick entrance merely to establish the origin of the
    beast, I hardly think that rends the entire film into the genre of sci
    fi. Doh! Where is the science? It is fiction. It is horror, but it
    is hardly about science, fiction or otherwise.

    Star Trek is sci fi as they consider capabilities that are not
    available to us.

    The series "Farscape" is widely considered as "Space
    Fiction/adventure" because it uses nearly no science and does not
    dwell on those aspects of futuristic or far away space venture
    capabilities of the story members. nIt hardly rates as sci fi except
    that if space is involved, certain retards automatically call it sci
    fi, because we do not yet venture into space with such ease.

    So... tell me again... where was the SCIENCE part of the fiction.

    DarkMatter, Aug 8, 2003