Re: tmobile block sip calls , is there a port change setting atpbxes.org that would enable the voip

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Brian A, Jul 12, 2011.

  1. Brian A

    Brian A Guest

    On Mon, 11 Jul 2011 21:09:21 +0100, nospam wrote:

    > I'm new to voip calls etc , i do have a three sim that i can use also ,
    > they allow sip calls via mobile data .
    >
    > But i would like to be able to use my tmobile sim android phone , any
    > port address settings i can change at pbxes.org to by pass tmobile
    > blocking the voip call ?

    I knew that this was their policy but I rang them to object anyway. They
    give you data but then they don't allow you to use it in the way you
    want. I'd like to see that made illegal. If you buy data you should be
    able to use it for anything. What they want is headline figures of how
    much data they are giving you, fully in the knowledge that you aren't
    going to be able to use it. Not all of us are interested in using data of
    Facebook etc.
    It isn't just a port change job - that would be far too easy. You can get
    round the block, I've done it, but it isn't easy and I don't currently
    bother - though I'm working on a longer term solution. Fring worked at
    one time on SIP but I'm not so sure that it still does.
    The best thing is to move networks. That is my intention. A friend
    demonstrated Sipdroid to me, on O2, and the quality was good. So, I'll be
    looking towards O2 when my contract is up. I just want to be able to
    receive calls on SIP.
    Brian A, Jul 12, 2011