Re: Tmb & Cont files

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Enkidu, Jun 1, 2011.

  1. Enkidu

    Enkidu Guest

    On 01/06/11 11:50, B Roberts wrote:
    > I cannot now access some of my photos.
    > I used to be able to look at them but now
    > for some reason I cannot.
    >
    > These photos are Tmb and Cont files.
    >
    > How can I convert them or look at them?
    >
    > I am running Windows XP.

    It looks like those files are a bye-product of downloading file using
    Panasonic software. Several places say that they are not used except by
    the Panasonic software. At your own risk you *could* delete them.

    http://www.avforums.com/forums/camc...-software-its-extra-files-they-necessary.html

    I presume that you can see all the actual pictures and videos?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    The end excuses any evil - Sophocles

    Enkidu, Jun 1, 2011

  2. In message <4de699bf$>, B Roberts wrote:

    > Why does Panasonic put out such Programmes?

    Because people will buy them.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Jun 1, 2011

  3. Enkidu

    Gordon Guest

    On 2011-06-01, B Roberts <> wrote:

    [snip]

    > Thanks for that, these files only appeared when I installed a Panasonic
    > programme
    > that came with my new camera.I have now deleted the programme. I could not
    > even
    > see any of the videos. Why does Panasonic put out such Programmes?

    To me this is a case of a company straying off course. Panasonic is an
    electrionic "hardware" company, make good microwaves, CD players, etc

    Probably assumed that a) they could do software, or b) that someone else
    could. Well they price was right.

    On the other hand is this a "one off" misfire of the software?

    Gordon, Jun 2, 2011