    function of T-bird. At this point, I would love to get a copu of
    version .9 or1.

    Arnold

    ARNOLD PACKER, Jul 13, 2005

  2. ARNOLD PACKER

    zinman Guest

    zinman, Jul 14, 2005

  3. ARNOLD PACKER

    Old Gringo Guest

    ARNOLD PACKER wrote:
    > I have enjoyed using Thunderbird .9 and 1.0 in the past. The
    > downloads installed and setup without any problems.
    >
    > I made the mistake of downloading ThunderTurd 1.0.2.
    > I can *NOT* setup this disaster created by Rectal Caranial Invertes
    > to send e-mail. Using Google power, I have learned to do the song and
    > dance about seting up a new account and/or checking the initial
    > account setings. Tried this time and againg. No cnnection to the SMTE
    > server on Verizon DSL. (all the fields in new accound & accounr
    > settings were properly filled in) I am running the same Win2k that had
    > the prior versions of T-bird installed. Outlook Express runs on send
    > and receive with no problem!!!
    >
    > Being Visually Impaired, I need the superior text enlanrgement
    > function of T-bird. At this point, I would love to get a copu of
    > version .9 or1.
    >
    > Arnold

    It could be nothing more than a typO. as I see SMTE where it should
    be SMTP ??

    --
    Old Gringo George
    Magic Weaver Of Life

    Old Gringo, Jul 14, 2005
  4. On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 06:22:44 GMT, Old Gringo
    <> wrote:

    >ARNOLD PACKER wrote:
    >> I have enjoyed using Thunderbird .9 and 1.0 in the past. The
    >> downloads installed and setup without any problems.
    >>
    >> I made the mistake of downloading ThunderTurd 1.0.2.
    >> I can *NOT* setup this disaster created by Rectal Caranial Invertes
    >> to send e-mail. Using Google power, I have learned to do the song and
    >> dance about seting up a new account and/or checking the initial
    >> account setings. Tried this time and againg. No cnnection to the SMTE
    >> server on Verizon DSL. (all the fields in new accound & accounr
    >> settings were properly filled in) I am running the same Win2k that had
    >> the prior versions of T-bird installed. Outlook Express runs on send
    >> and receive with no problem!!!
    >>
    >> Being Visually Impaired, I need the superior text enlanrgement
    >> function of T-bird. At this point, I would love to get a copu of
    >> version .9 or1.
    >>
    >> Arnold
    >>

    >It could be nothing more than a typO. as I see SMTE where it should
    >be SMTP ??

    I stand corrected. This problem with Thunderbird screws up my mind.

    ARNOLD PACKER, Jul 14, 2005
  5. On 13 Jul 2005 16:18:24 -0700, "zinman" <> wrote:

    >I think you can download 0.9 here:
    >ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/thunderbird/releases/0.9/Thunderbird Setup 0.9.exe

    Thank you. I was able to download T-bird .9. To my surprise, it has
    the identical problems I experienced with 1.0.2. It will disconnedt
    from Verizon DSL incoming with an error message stating that it is
    disconnectiing. It will not connect to verizon outgoing (SMTP). An
    error message pops up to that effect, or there will be a repeated
    requests for my password. Entering the password generates another
    identical pop up asking for my password.

    I think there is an OS problem. I run W2k and never had a problem in
    the past with T-bird .9 or 1 . They would install and function. The
    only change to the OS has been some Mocrosoft installed automatic
    updates.

    I recall that at one time the smart asses at MS wrote code that
    screwed up AOL which was eventually corrected. Whatever the source of
    my problem, I would love a solution.

    Arnold

    ARNOLD PACKER, Jul 14, 2005
  6. ARNOLD PACKER

    Old Gringo Guest

    ARNOLD PACKER wrote:
    > On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 06:22:44 GMT, Old Gringo
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>ARNOLD PACKER wrote:
    >>
    >>> I have enjoyed using Thunderbird .9 and 1.0 in the past. The
    >>>downloads installed and setup without any problems.
    >>>
    >>> I made the mistake of downloading ThunderTurd 1.0.2.
    >>>I can *NOT* setup this disaster created by Rectal Caranial Invertes
    >>>to send e-mail. Using Google power, I have learned to do the song and
    >>>dance about seting up a new account and/or checking the initial
    >>>account setings. Tried this time and againg. No cnnection to the SMTE
    >>>server on Verizon DSL. (all the fields in new accound & accounr
    >>>settings were properly filled in) I am running the same Win2k that had
    >>>the prior versions of T-bird installed. Outlook Express runs on send
    >>>and receive with no problem!!!
    >>>
    >>> Being Visually Impaired, I need the superior text enlanrgement
    >>>function of T-bird. At this point, I would love to get a copu of
    >>>version .9 or1.
    >>>
    >>>Arnold
    >>>

    >>It could be nothing more than a typO. as I see SMTE where it should
    >>be SMTP ??

    > I stand corrected. This problem with Thunderbird screws up my mind.

    That is when I stop and smell the Roses. :)

    Old Gringo, Jul 14, 2005