Re: Thunderbird newsgroup highlight

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Rom, Dec 23, 2008.

  1. Rom

    Rom Guest

    On Tue, 23 Dec 2008 09:50:00 -0500, Van Chocstraw wrote:

    > Why when I go to the header area I can't see what newsgroup is
    > highlighted any more? It's so light I can't see it. Any way to darken it?

    It's likely the selected items/inactive colour in the OS, but try this
    with Thunderbird closed: in your Thunderbird profile
    ....\Thunderbird\Profiles\<Profile name>[1] create a new folder named
    "chrome" (without quotes) if not already there, then create a new text
    file named "userChrome.css" (without quotes)[2]. Open "userChrome.css"
    in, say, Wordpad or Notepad then copy the below and save. The RGB
    colour can be changed to suit. Reopen Thunderbird.

    @namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

    /* Change colour of selected */
    treechildren::-moz-tree-row(selected),
    treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(selected) {
    background-color: rgb(51,153,255) ! important;
    }

    [1] <http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Thunderbird>
    [2] <http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserChrome.css>

    --