Re: Thunderbird Move/Copy to Recent Question

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 22, 2009.

  1. Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 22, 2009

  2. Teather Mitty wrote:
    > Right click on an email. The click on Move To. It opens a drop down box that
    > has Recebt or Local Folders. When you click on Recent it has the last used
    > folders just before the last time that you opened Thunderbird. I would like to
    > substitute my list of folders in there.
    >

    > On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 08:26:29 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Teather Mitty wrote:
    >>> Can someone please tell me where Thunderbird stores the 15 or so entries in
    >>> the Recent drop down box. I would like to enter my own.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    >> what Recent drop down box?

    gotch yeah! Recent is the last set of folders that you
    have access. How many you can have, I don't know.
    You'd have to do some testing.

    However, in the Account/Folder Pane, thats the one that
    has all your email accounts, and folders, at the top of
    that, you will see All Folders. And across from that
    are 2 arrows. If you click on that, and keep clicking,
    you can get various settings, including Recent Folders.

    help!!!!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 22, 2009

  3. Teather Mitty wrote:
    > Thanks for the information. Can you please start me off on how I find the
    > Account/Folder pane. I am using the Classic view.
    >
    > Thanks very much
    >

    > On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:59:34 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Teather Mitty wrote:
    >>> Right click on an email. The click on Move To. It opens a drop down box that
    >>> has Recebt or Local Folders. When you click on Recent it has the last used
    >>> folders just before the last time that you opened Thunderbird. I would like to
    >>> substitute my list of folders in there.

    >> gotch yeah! Recent is the last set of folders that you
    >> have access. How many you can have, I don't know.
    >> You'd have to do some testing.
    >>
    >> However, in the Account/Folder Pane, thats the one that
    >> has all your email accounts, and folders, at the top of
    >> that, you will see All Folders. And across from that
    >> are 2 arrows. If you click on that, and keep clicking,
    >> you can get various settings, including Recent Folders.

    lets see, when you look at TB you see three panes,
    right? The large pane on the left is the account pane
    [also known as the folder pane]. This contains all
    your email accounts, and all your mail folders. The
    top right pane is the thread pane. It contains the
    various messages. The bottom right is the message
    pane, where you view the message. Got it?!

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 23, 2009
  4. Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Teather Mitty wrote:
    >> Thanks for the information. Can you please start me off on how I find the
    >> Account/Folder pane. I am using the Classic view.
    >>
    >> Thanks very much
    >>

    >> On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 11:59:34 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> gotch yeah! Recent is the last set of folders that you have access.
    >>> How many you can have, I don't know. You'd have to do some testing.
    >>>
    >>> However, in the Account/Folder Pane, thats the one that has all your
    >>> email accounts, and folders, at the top of that, you will see All
    >>> Folders. And across from that are 2 arrows. If you click on that,
    >>> and keep clicking, you can get various settings, including Recent
    >>> Folders.

    > lets see, when you look at TB you see three panes, right? The large pane
    > on the left is the account pane [also known as the folder pane]. This
    > contains all your email accounts, and all your mail folders. The top
    > right pane is the thread pane. It contains the various messages. The
    > bottom right is the message pane, where you view the message. Got it?!

    correction, the thread pane is also known as the header
    pane. This contains the Subject, Date, Sender, etc.
    You select the message to view and you view it in the
    message pane.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 23, 2009
  5. Teather Mitty wrote:
    > Finally found it; I didn't have any email accounts just folders starting with
    > Local Folders. But I did see All Folders and clicked through to find Recent
    > Folders. But these aren't settings; these are the actual recent folders.
    >
    > So I thank you for your help. I did learn some new things but I think I am
    > still looking for where the recents are stored so that I can change them.
    >
    > Thanks again
    >

    > On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 17:11:58 -0700, Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:

    >>> lets see, when you look at TB you see three panes, right? The large pane
    >>> on the left is the account pane [also known as the folder pane]. This
    >>> contains all your email accounts, and all your mail folders. The top
    >>> right pane is the thread pane. It contains the various messages. The
    >>> bottom right is the message pane, where you view the message. Got it?!
    >>>

    >> correction, the thread pane is also known as the header
    >> pane. This contains the Subject, Date, Sender, etc.
    >> You select the message to view and you view it in the
    >> message pane.

    as I said, TB doesn't store them anywhere. Recent
    Folders is the last recent folders you have accessed.
    Recent Folders is a View Setting. Its just like you
    clicking on View, Sort By, to sort the way you see your
    messages. When you click on those little arrows, all
    you're seeing is a different View for the
    Accounts/Folders Pane. If you click on View, Folders,
    then you get the same settings as clicking on those
    little arrows.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 23, 2009