Re: thumbnail and HTML generator

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Steve, Aug 5, 2003.

  1. Steve

    Steve Guest

    Saqib Ali wrote:
    > Hello All,
    >
    > What is a good thumbnail and HTML generator. (i dont have XP or Mac).
    >

    > Thanks
    > Saqib Ali

    Saqib:

    I use both IrfanView (for reviewing my image files) and Easy Thumbnails (for
    making my thumbnails and thumbnail index page). While IrfanView is an
    excellent product for several uses, especially viewing, the thumbnails that
    it produces IMHO are inferior to that of Easy Thumbnails.

    IrfanView creates a square thumbnail where the user must specify the
    background color to fill in the area of the square not occupied by a
    rectangular image. The resulting area will dither differently than the HTML
    background color in both Internet Explorer and Mozilla (Netscape) resulting
    in somewhat of a "checkerboard" appearence in the index thumbnail page that
    IrfanView produces.

    This is not the case with Easy Thumbnails which creates rectangular
    thumbnails from rectangular images. Easy Thumbnails has a template that you
    can edit for creating your index thumbnail page. You will have to edit the
    resulting page in an HTML or text editor in order to produce the final web
    page though, which will be a little more work than in IrfanView. I always
    edited the resulting page in IrfanView anyway.

    You can get Easy Thumbnails for free at:

    http://www.fookes.com/ezthumbs/index.php

    You can get IrfanView for free at:

    http://www.irfanview.com/

    Good luck,